• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Charlotte Hornets Offseason Thread - Biz back, Monk out, stocking up on TP

Agreed. Anyone have access to the ESPN Insider article that supposedly lists 6 trades that could work?

Cleveland Cavaliers

Hornets get: Guard Isaiah Thomas, center Channing Frye, Brooklyn 2018 first-round pick

Cavaliers get: Guard Kemba Walker, center Johnny O'Bryant

Detroit Pistons

Hornets get: Guard Reggie Jackson, forwards Henry Ellenson, Stanley Johnson and Anthony Tolliver, draft picks

Pistons get: Guard Kemba Walker and forward Marvin Williams

Indiana Pacers

Hornets get: Guard Darren Collison, forward Bojan Bogdanovic, center Al Jefferson, 2018 first-round pick

Pacers get: Guard Kemba Walker and center Dwight Howard

New York Knicks

Hornets get: Guards Ron Baker, Jarrett Jack and Frank Ntilikina

Knicks get: Guard Kemba Walker

Phoenix Suns

Hornets get: Guard Tyler Ulis, forwards Dragan Bender and Jared Dudley, centers Greg Monroe and Alan Williams

Suns get: Guards Michael Carter-Williams, Julyan Stone and Kemba Walker, centers Dwight Howard and Johnny O'Bryant

Utah Jazz

Hornets get: Guards Rodney Hood and Ricky Rubio, forward Derrick Favors, 2018 first-round pick

Jazz get: Guard Kemba Walker, forwards Jeremy Lamb and Marvin Williams

Was that written by the Hornets front office?

That was one of the most gut-wrenching, season-killing losses that I've ever seen. Up 5 with 37 seconds left, give up 5 points in 7 seconds to James Johnson when Batum gets ripped, then Kemba gets fouled going for a game winner and of course no call, only to have Olynyk stumbling down the court with no control over the ball get the ultimate bail-out loose ball foul in NBA history against D12 to put him on the line with 0.2 seconds left. Just complete and absolute garbage. MCW and Dawight were trying to fight the ref after the game, somebody should have knocked his sorry ass out.
The amazing thing was, after two days of talk about his contract being the worst in the league, Batum came out and scored 26 with I think 5 assists and strong defense. Had we pulled out that game, I could have seen it propelling him and the team forward towards the playoffs. Instead, it was just another massive kick to the nuts.

I'm normally not a reddit guy, but this dude is spot on how I feel after that game:

I'm writing a letter right now to the NBA. I have never been more outraged by a play. The fact that the NBA has the audacity to end a professional NBA game on a play with 0.2 seconds left is pathetic. I hope every single NBA referee loses their god damn motherfucking job and the NBA loses every single one of their fucking ad revenue. I hope Adam "isn't gay" Silver go fucks himself and I hope Rich Cho goes on his fucking website and stays there. Fuck you Clifford you are the worst at setting inbound plays. Fuck you batum for scoring 26 points idgaf YOU'RE OVERPAYED MOTHERFUCKER. Fuck the NBA you are fucking awful where is the ABA. I hope the NBA burns to the motherfucking ground fuck you fuck you fuck you.
EDIT: Fuck Michael Jordan. When I started being an NBA fan I thought it was cool the best player of all time is the owner of the Hornets. well guess what MJ you can take all your crusty ass rings and crusty ass outfits and crusty ass money and go fuck yourself. Fuck you fuck you fuck you. Also someone find me the name of that fucking referee. WHO THE FUCK HAS THE AUDACITY TO FUCKING CALL THE GOD DAMN PLAY LIKE THAT GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU UGLY PIECE OF FUCK. AND FUCK THE HEAT FRANCHISE THE ONE TIME WE GET INTO THE FUCKING PLAYOFFS YOU HAVE THE NERVE TO BEAT US IN GAME 7. AND FUCK YOU HEAT FANS THAT WERE IN THE ARENA FUCK YOU. I'm going to go fucking die in Fortnite and I'll have more fucking fun than watching the last minute of play. YO AND COACH FUCKING CLIFFORD HOW THE FUCK IN THE FUCKING WORLD DO YOU NOT CALL A TIME OUT BEFORE JUST INBOUNDING THE FUCKING BALL TO NIC WHEN THEY WERE ALL ON OUR SIDE OF THE COURT MOTHERFUCKER WE HAD TWO LEFT YOU UGLY BALD FUCK WHAT WERE THE FUCKING CHANCES THAT THEY GET THE FUCKING BALL BACK AND WIN ON A FOUL GO FUCK YOURSELF AND HAVE SEX WITH THE SHITTY ASS REF THAT CALLED IT I HOPE YOU BURN IN HELL YOU SHITTY FUCKING REFEREE
EDIT FUCKING TWO: @ RICK FUCKING BONNELL IF YOUR UGLY OLD CRUSTY DUI ASS HAS THE NERVE TO QUESTION KEMBA WALKER IN THAT FUCKING TONE AGAIN LIKE YOU DID TWO DAYS AGO I WILL PERSONALLY END YOU.
EDIT 3: RIP FREDO

That call was unreal.

Blowing a 5 point lead in 5 seconds was unreal.

Being in any sort of position to lose to a Heat team on their 3rd game in 4 days, without their best player, was pathetic. I didn’t know Derek jones Jr. and Walton Jr were even in the league and they got solid minutes for them tonight. Meanwhile we can’t even get Monk and Bacon minutes while losing anyway

No one outside of the Hornets FO expected Zeller to develop range. Those workout reports gushing over what he could do in an empty gym from that draft were cringeworthy.

I can see how that type of ending would be a shock for many, but since I've been a Wake fan for the past decade that was a pretty run of the mill loss to me.

Why? Kemba is the face of the franchise and an All-Star on a value contract. Assuming he stays, he is going to go down as the greatest player in franchise history and it won't really even be close. Trading him simply as a way to dump Batum without getting serious and immediate production in return is not only a bad on-court decision, but would also likely run off the bulk of the fanbase.

Cliff is the worst coach in the league and it's not even close. I can't stand this guy

Why? Kemba is the face of the franchise and an All-Star on a value contract. Assuming he stays, he is going to go down as the greatest player in franchise history and it won't really even be close. Trading him simply as a way to dump Batum without getting serious and immediate production in return is not only a bad on-court decision, but would also likely run off the bulk of the fanbase.

I only get to about one game a year now but if Kemba isn't on this roster there is no one left that I'd pay money to see

With our luck they would fire Clifford but go hire [Redacted]. I would turn in my season tickets on the spot.

Finished the home stand 3-2, with wins over Washington, Sacramento, and Atlanta, but the customary end-game collapses against the Heat and Pelicans. Could have and probably should have gone 5-0. But bad coaching and everyone in the building knowing that Kemba will have the ball under 2 minutes for a wild drive to the basket does them in more often than not.

Batum has been playing much better since his piss-poor contract was publicly outed as an arguably justifiable reason to trade Kemba, so that is a plus. Since that report came out, he has gone for 26/3/6, 14/6/3, 7/3/5, and 19/4/8. MKG has also been playing the best ball of his career, and Dwight has I think 7 straight double-doubles with 6 straight 15-rebound games and is shooting his FTs well.

The main problem is that other than Lamb, there is no consistency with the second unit. Frank can score 18 or 2, with no real consistent reason why. MCW has the layup yips and can't shoot at all from deep. O'Bryant is a black hole on offense. It is inexplicable why Graham gets time while Bacon, who is better than him in every aspect, never gets on the floor. They need Zeller back really, really bad.

Basically a repeat of last week's game against the Heat, this time in Miami. Up by 13 in the second half, let them back in it and blow it at the end. Clifford at least tried to win this one, Kemba played the entire second half on the second night of a back to back, and Howard only sat for maybe 3 minutes in the second half. But the bench sucked dick all game, and Kemba and D12 ran out of gas at the end. Batum and Marvin missed huge shots and turned the ball over in clutch situations, per usual.

Jeremy Lamb can not throw an entry pass to save his life. He had a couple of turnovers early in the 4th quarter that were awful.

This team is starting to suck me back in. Won 3 in a row on the road at ATL, home against the Pacers, and on the road at Phoenix, and are 6-4 in their last 10. 4 games out of the 8 spot and 5 games out of the 6 spot in the East in the loss column. Not coincidentally, Batum has been playing the best ball of his CLT career over this stretch. I don't know if it was the public shaming over Kemba's possible trade or his elbow is finally healthy (this is about when he was originally supposed to come back), but he has been great. Kemba is Kemba and Dwight is controlling the paint, and all of a sudden this team looks like what it was supposed to be on paper. Marvin has been on the bench for the past few games with an injury, which has also helped.

Back