• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Charlotte Hornets Offseason Thread - Biz back, Monk out, stocking up on TP

Michael Jordan sucks unless he is actually playing.

The strategy of accumulating 2nd round picks is good if the Hornets wanted to try to join the NFL

Kupchak admitted in the press conference that Bridges refused to work out for Charlotte. Solid.

That’s a classic Hornets pick. Elicits the reaction of “ehhh”

Bonus points for him desperately not wanting to go to charlotte like frank

Yeah you have to pull the trigger on Porter there if you are in true tank/rebuild mode. Bridges may be a decent rotation guy, but he isn't going to be a top 3 or 4 option. There seems to be no real plan of what they are trying to do.

What reason is there to think Porter will ever be good and not another Giles? Sounds like best case scenario is he has a Brandon Roy like career so only teams that hope to contend in the very near future should draft him.

What reason is there to think Porter will ever be good and not another Giles? Sounds like best case scenario is he has a Brandon Roy like career so only teams that hope to contend in the very near future should draft him.

hornets need to do something with high upside

hornets need to do something with high upside

Right. If you are playing to win in the near future, then the Howard trade makes no sense. But if you are tanking, then taking Bridges as a rotation guy doesn't make sense with Porter's upside still available with that pick. They had two different strategies in two consecutive days.

I like the Bridges pick. I don't follow the Hornets nearly as closely as 2&2 but it seems like we could be a really fast team with Zeller at 5, Bridges at 4, MKG, Monk, Kemba. But we have so many horrible huge contracts right now, I don't expect success for a few years.

Cody's is very fast for a center. The rest are indeed slow as you would imagine a plodding white 7 footer

There is no indication to prove he will ever do anything of note in the NBA. Sounds like i'm the only one but I like the Bridges pickup (besides not working him out.... that's not great). But just the player himself I think is a solid pickup. Will be ready to play and has an NBA skill set to play the 3 or small ball 4. Think he will be good.

Right. If you are playing to win in the near future, then the Howard trade makes no sense. But if you are tanking, then taking Bridges as a rotation guy doesn't make sense with Porter's upside still available with that pick. They had two different strategies in two consecutive days.

Unless Porters medicals show that he literally will never play in the NBA which is what it sounds like more and more.

Back