• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Official Charlotte Hornets Offseason Thread - Biz back, Monk out, stocking up on TP

I forgot it was on so only saw the box score ... anyone have any hot takes? It looks like Dawight had an off night but Cody came on strong in the post with 11 and 8 in 18 minutes.

Kemba played his ass off and Memphis gave you guys the game, basically. Blew a 13 pt lead

Kemba played his ass off and Memphis gave you guys the game, basically. Blew a 13 pt lead

What are you trying to say ? That's the type of thing that happens every night in the NBA.

What are you trying to say ? That's the type of thing that happens every night in the NBA.

I'm saying Kemba played well (plus Lamb and Cody) and Memphis screwed around offensively after being up 13 and cost themselves the game. But no reason to lose a home game to a road team on a B2B.

Next 6 games...

Wednesday
vs. Bucks
Friday
@ Spurs
Sunday
@ Timberwolves
Tuesday
@ Knicks
Friday
@ Celtics
Wednesday
vs. Cavs

Oof.

That win against the Bucks was amazing. Kemba and Monk put on an absolute show. Monk is so damn silky. He is the ultimate example of the #hothand. Hopefully he gets more consistent, but when he is shooting with confidence, look out. He scored 18 points in the 4th quarter, and finished with 25 in 22 minutes.

zach lowe with a full on lovefest for kemba's play this year: http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...-things-like-featuring-kristaps-porzingis-nba

...The Hornets have scored 1.26 points per possession on any trip featuring a Walker-Howard pick-and-roll, per data from Second Spectrum. That figure would have ranked them among the half-dozen best high-volume duos last season. Charlotte has reinvigorated Howard.

That lefty finish over Bismack Biyombo is insane -- and a recent addition to Walker's repertoire. Remember: Walker couldn't finish anything at the rim when he entered the league. The NBA was too big for him. He struggled from deep, too; defenders ducked picks, inviting him to shoot.

And now? He's sniffing 50-40-90 territory, and shattering his career high in free throws. The Hornets, lacking a true backup point guard and over-reliant on the brash Malik Monk, would be dead without him.

Some guys improve their shooting from one area of the floor over several years. Walker has improved on every kind of shot. He has reinvented himself.

My favorite Kemba move is when he splits a doubleteam by basically thowing the ball through first as a bounce pass to himself and then squeezing between the guys going after it and picking it back up first before they can get it. They fall for it every time. It looks like one big dribble but is really a pass and the PG version of throwing a pass to yourself off the backboard to get yourself open. He does it at least twice a game now.

Last night was a fucking horrible loss to the Knicks. The Hornets dominated the game from the opening tip until maybe 2 minutes to go when the wheels came off. Up by 15 at one point and then pissed it away. 0-3 on this road trip, and I bet that loss will come back to haunt them at the end of the year. Boston on Friday night so will likely be 0-4.

I was expecting a loss cause MKG is just one injury/loss too much for us, but to lose like that was just disgusting

Is there any explanation of what is going on with MKG? I know his grandmother died a few weeks ago which is why he was out a few games at the beginning of the year which is understandable, but I've never heard of someone missing like a month of work because their grandmother died.

knicks loss definitely hurt. KP is such a stud.

hornets starters are 8th in the NBA in point differential, bench are 26th. getting healthy will help that a bit. new and improved Lamb should be deadly off the bench.

On that note, one bright spot about the Knicks loss was MCW. Dude was really, really good next to Monk as a ball handler / distributor / defender. His size is great at the PG spot and he was very methodical with the ball. Didn't try too much or take bad shots, and always seemed in control. It was his first real minutes, but he seemed to know his role and played hard.

Another disgusting 4th quarter collapse, even with Irving in the locker room. :noidea:

Basically a repeat of the Knicks loss, up 18 in the 3rd and blew it. Could see it coming a mile away. Piss poor performance.

Has anyone else lost 5 in a row yet this year? Time has to be almost up for Cliff if he can’t get this shit together ASAP

We were up 82-79 when LeBron went out in the 3rd with foul trouble with a chance to really build up a lead...and instead they went on an 18-6 run while he was on the bench. I'm not even sure how that happens.

Back