• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Atlantic Coast Conference Stipends

Dabo is right. What's next "Come to UCLA and we'll put you in a movie."

I do like hearing that Wake was transparent in our dealings.

Hey Mack. Thanks for posting this. I had no idea what was paid.

Shocking! Louisville was at the top of the list for what they paid their athletes.

Shocking! Louisville was at the top of the list for what they paid their athletes.

This is just counting above board compensation. Though I would much rather see student athletes get the cash than building a laser tag arena on campus.

Love UNC's individualized payment, sounds a lot like their academic programming.

And FSU at $6k for out of state students. These two are both way above what appears to be the norm.

SEC for comparison:

Tennessee: $5,666
Auburn: $5,586
Mississippi State: $5,372
Alabama: $4,886+
Mississippi: $4,600
South Carolina: $4,151+
Arkansas: $4,104
LSU: $3,920
Georgia: $3,746 non-state resident, $3,222 resident
Missouri: $3,742
Texas A & M: $3,528 non-state resident, $3,000 resident
Kentucky: $ $3,524 non-state resident, $3,256 resident
Florida: $3,330 res/non-res
Vanderbilt: $2,780*

This is just counting above board compensation. Though I would much rather see student athletes get the cash than building a laser tag arena on campus.

Amen.

Says the guy who just built an amusement park as a recruiting advantage.

You do what you can do to have an advantage. This money won't last forever. Right now they are on top of the football world and we are all in an arms race. We are all spending millions and millions at our universities to get more students & more athletes. It is what it is.

It's amusing that for Dabo a "wrong reason" to take a job is where you can make the most money.

Back