• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The South's 38 essential restaurants

Yeah that honeysuckle sorbet is life changing

It is but very seasonal. The recipe is on line and we've made it a bunch of times. We also make it as ice cream. So very good.

Crooks has fallen from its lofty perch and is a bit if an after thought in towns these days. Im not sure it will make it but thats just me seeing how its empty a lot of the times I drive by.

I consider myself a Meat and 3 connoisseur, and Arnolds (on that list) in Nashville is the best I've ever been to. It really is amazing what that place can do with simple foods that I have had hundreds, if not thousands of times. Next time you're in Nashville, check out Princes, but if hot chicken isn't your thing, then hit up Arnolds.

Yes, had Arnold’s when we went to MCB. Very tasty.

Kids will like the lodge. they have putt putt, shuffle board and a retro pool. very unique place. It feels like Austin Powers shag pad.

Oh we don't bring the kids. Shag pad will work just fine.

The Atlantic Beach Pie at Crook's Corner is my favorite dessert anywhere.

It is but very seasonal. The recipe is on line and we've made it a bunch of times. We also make it as ice cream. So very good.

Crooks has fallen from its lofty perch and is a bit if an after thought in towns these days. Im not sure it will make it but thats just me seeing how its empty a lot of the times I drive by.

Honeysuckle is really hard to get ahold of in bulk quantities that you need in order to make sorbets for more than a few people. We tried to get some for a spring cocktail this year and none of our distributors carried any.

Honeysuckle is really hard to get ahold of in bulk quantities that you need in order to make sorbets for more than a few people. We tried to get some for a spring cocktail this year and none of our distributors carried any.

Yeah, I just go forage it around town in early May when in bloom. Kind of a pain but I can get enough to make 2 batches (maybe a gallon or so) in a few hours. My 9 YO loves doing it with me.

like Poole's, Kindred and Chef & the Farmer, but On the Square in Tarboro is excellent too.

Definitely love On the Square. Check out Tarboro Brewing Company next time you're in town as well. Also run by the Rubistellos.

This is a cool list. Fully expected to find Pooles there. I’ve been to a couple others: Galatoires in NOLA and Crooks Corner many times. Need to go spend a night in Kinston and try Chef and the Farmer.

Dang...that is a bummer on boiler room as well as change in status of chef & farmer. it legitimately was a travel destination as a fine dining place. will be much less so as a casual place. ME Lodge is fantastic...was planning a summer trip to spend a day at the pool followed by Boiler Room dinner & beers at ME but I guess that is out now. ME Brewing needs to revamp their tap room, that has such a weird vibe in their. Too sterile and wide open with odd lighting.

Back