• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sports Announcer Dinner Table

tagsfan

Reaction score
In a variation of the question of the four people, living or dead, you would love to share a dinner table with, which four sports announcers would you invite? Mine would be:
Phil Rizzuto
Verne Lundquist
Chuck Thompson
Keith Jackson.

Keith Jackson
Bones McKinney
Gene Overby
Hooker biting Marv Albert to spice things up

In a variation of the question of the four people, living or dead, you would love to share a dinner table with, which four sports announcers would you invite? Mine would be:
Phil Rizzuto
Verne Lundquist
Chuck Thompson
Keith Jackson.

Does it have to be announcers or do color commentators count as well?

Bill Walton
Jesse Palmer
Chris Berman
John Madden

'Mic Drop'

David Feherty
Gus Johnson
Jon Gruden
Bob Uecker

If it's dinner, I want to have some fun.

Vin Scully
Harry Kalas
Harry Carey
Al McGuire

Verne, Brent (for gambling), Vin and Madden. Adding Frank Deford from print. Its all personal so no wrong answers but i think if berman were there, in 5 mins you would ask him to stfu. He has few "i was there when..." stories as he was a studio guy. But still entertaining in first half of his career.

For sportswriters:

Dick Schaap (the greatest storyteller- knew everyone in and out of sports)
Jim Murray (the best sportswriter ever)
Frank Deford

#4 is obvious to all posters - Bob "No Virgin" Ryan

Tommy Elrod
Michael Corleone
Elliot Ness
Judge Dredd

Bones.
Harry Carey
Woody Durham

Last edited:
My list would not include Wake's current football color guy. He has nothing meaningful to say and seems to know very little about football.

Has McEnroe done commentating? Invite him and your night will turn out like it did for Deeds; getting drunk, smoking cigars, and throwing eggs at cars

Shannon Spake is p hot. I wish we could meet because she would want to hook up and we would have fun

Back