• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Last 6 Weeks

ChrisL68

Riley Skinner
Reaction score
Per ESPN FPI we are about 60% to beat Cuse and Duke, 50% to beat Louisville, 40% each to beat GT and State and 15% to beat ND.

7-5 would be a really good season considering our schedule, IMO. Got to get 2. 3 is gravy, 4 would be outstanding season.

8-4 would have us borderline top 25 team.

We coulda/shoulda eat FSU......who coulda/shoulda beat Miami.
Yeah, we lost to Clemson, but after the first 7 minutes (and 14 points by Clemson), we tightened up and played them pretty evenly. A loss, but respectable.
I think this shows that we can play with anybody.
Would assume the team feels this way too
Hopefully, GT is our breakout game. We have 2 weeks to prepare and I'll be there watching

Yesterday was our best game of the season imo. Losing to this Clemson team at Death valley is a 99% certainty for most teams. Clemson is better this year than ly, better on defense and more varied on offense. We held them to 28 points, had over 300 yards of offense and 16 first downs. That's better than anybody they've played at home this year. I am encouraged that we could win a couple of our remaining games which would be impressive.

Every time I want to get optimistic about the GT game, I remember the history of Wake athletics in Atlanta.

Yesterday was our best game of the season imo. Losing to this Clemson team at Death valley is a 99% certainty for most teams. Clemson is better this year than ly, better on defense and more varied on offense. We held them to 28 points, had over 300 yards of offense and 16 first downs. That's better than anybody they've played at home this year. I am encouraged that we could win a couple of our remaining games which would be impressive.

Clemson isn't as good this year as last. The D is but the offense is limited by having Bryant at QB. Still extremely good but can't hit that next level they were able to in the playoffs last season. All IMo of course. You guys played well after the first two series.

I think Clemson has just played good defenses and they're brining along Bryant and Entienne slowly. They're both obviously really good.

Every time I want to get optimistic about the GT game, I remember the history of Wake athletics in Atlanta.

Yeah, I know. I've seen too many of these games in person.....football and basketball.
However, I'm the eternal optimist when it comes to Wake sports, and I think we have a good shot at winning in 2 weeks.

I don't think our chances against State are that much better than they are against ND.

We need to beat Duke and Cuse to get to a bowl. That will be a good year. As shaky as our offense is, we're just not going to be able to beat the other teams. Will be hoping we steal one, maybe if the D can come up with a bunch of scores, but don't see it happening.

Clemson isn't as good this year as last. The D is but the offense is limited by having Bryant at QB. Still extremely good but can't hit that next level they were able to in the playoffs last season. All IMo of course. You guys played well after the first two series.

last year's clemson team lost to pitt and should have lost to nc state and louisville

this year's clemson team has not come close to losing

last year's clemson team let auburn and louisville go up and down the field and that did not happen this year

no way that you can say that this team is not as good as last year's.

I think we beat GT. Two weeks rest and preparation. Tech will be coming off a game against Miami for the Coastal lead and facing a trip to Clemson the next weekend. Prime time for an upset.

the good thing is that I told everyone Hinton could help us and that proved correct yesterday

we won't win every game left but will win at least two and more than that would be no surprise

I don't think our chances against State are that much better than they are against ND.

We need to beat Duke and Cuse to get to a bowl. That will be a good year. As shaky as our offense is, we're just not going to be able to beat the other teams. Will be hoping we steal one, maybe if the D can come up with a bunch of scores, but don't see it happening.

You don't think our chances at home against State are better than at ND?

I think we wind up 6-6 or 7-5. Which one depends on our motivation and our opponents' motivation in some of the late-season games.

ND the only one that we have a super low (though non-zero) chance of winning

the good thing is that I told everyone Hinton could help us and that proved correct yesterday

we won't win every game left but will win at least two and more than that would be no surprise

Glad you dropped the parody crap, we all knew you could be a positive contributor to this board with some effort.:cool:

I think we wind up 6-6 or 7-5. Which one depends on our motivation and our opponents' motivation in some of the late-season games.

ND the only one that we have a super low (though non-zero) chance of winning

Agree with this

Back