• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF @ GT October 21 7 pm on ESPN2 or 7:30 on ESPNU

what's it like to be the fan of an option team? does it get old after, like, five years?
Nah, it's kind of awesome having a great offense and going to Orange Bowls - and when it's really rolling it's a blast to watch the hopelessness on the other side as teams are forced to try and keep up. Also the soul stealing "death march" drives to end halves / games are so satisfying.

What sucks is being a fan of a team with a trash defense. And our defense has traaaaaaaaash for a while now. TRASH.

Nah, it's kind of awesome having a great offense and going to Orange Bowls - and when it's really rolling it's a blast to watch the hopelessness on the other side as teams are forced to try and keep up. Also the soul stealing "death march" drives to end halves / games are so satisfying.

What sucks is being a fan of a team with a trash defense. And our defense has traaaaaaaaash for a while now. TRASH.

Vad 1 - Juice 0

wasn't trying to be provocative just curious but if that's how it's gonna be then the last time I saw the Deacs play GT in football was

610x.jpg

also would love to find the picture of Jeff Teague punching his hand after Matt Causey pulled that bitchmade stunt in the Joel

I swear at one point when the entire Wake section was slow-chanting "REGG-IE" over and over during that game, the GT band joined in (they were sitting a section or two over). Was pretty funny, especially after watching him throw his 14th ball into the stands.

I'll be there.....and I'll be sitting on the GT terrace - end zone deck right in front of the visitor section.
A good friend and big GT donor gave me his tickets for this game. Imagine I'll be the only one wearing Wake gear.
Also, lots of food and open bar all game long.

Anyone know what section #s are the Wake section?

Or when the backside DE crashes too hard consistently and suddenly the A-Back on the counter has half the field open in front of him, etc.

Playing GT on defense is so much about being disciplined and being physical. You got to be ready for a long day of heavy contact at every level of the defense.

Unfortunately for GT, the Wake game is sandwiched between what will be 2 physical wars for us and you get the bye week. It's going to be a big time gut check for GT coming off Miami and before the rivalry game with Clemson.

As you said Wake does have the bye week. The schedule makers did Wake no favors matching them up in successive weeks against two perennial national top five teams in FSU and Clemson. I think FSU was preseason #2 and Clemson is #1 or #2 now. I can’t think of anyone having successive opponents like that before.

Hopefully two weeks is enough time to heal up from that so the game can be competitive.

I just looked him up out of bitterness. He's coaching high school football in Alabama now.

So he is doing time in Hell.

72 hours....until win #5 and having a couple of chili dogs at The Varsity

One of The Bear from Gameday's picks of the week. Likes our #16 run D acc to some metrics up against GT off a tough L

Back