• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

WF @ GT October 21 7 pm on ESPN2 or 7:30 on ESPNU

If only Jim Grobe read the boards, he'd get a nice laugh out of the idea that Wellman dictated anything about the kind of offense he'd run at Wake. Then he'd laugh even harder at the idea that he valued entertaining fans over winning. Absolutely scorching hot takes there. Next-level stuff, truly.

That's exactly what Grobe and Wellman wanted people to think. If you or anyone else believes Grobe just up and decided to drop cut-blocking for: reasons, despite the fact that it totally fucked with our opponents and that our OL was never effective thereafter, I don't know what to tell you.

I think Wake builds an early lead and holds on. GT suffered a crusher last weekend.

We had a great offense Grobe's first two years. Definitely was not the "triple option," but certainly featured plenty of cut blocking.

From all indications other schools ACC complained and we stopped cut blocking, unlike CPJ who later on told everyone else to fuck off. But losing Calhoun was a bigger blow than losing cut blocking, IMO, if only because of Grobe's approach to replacing departing coaches

Last edited:
Only way we win is if the GaTech QB does not play the whole game. He is very good at running this offense

During his weekly press conference, Clawson was asked about GT cut-blocking scheme, and dismissed it as an issue, saying that WF faces cut-blocking every day on practice as its part of our blocking scheme.

I thought you were one of those who discredited using Vegas lines as being indicative of any actual assessment of advantage?

Edit: It was your brother, actually, but I assume you support his view?

Last edited:
During his weekly press conference, Clawson was asked about GT cut-blocking scheme, and dismissed it as an issue, saying that WF faces cut-blocking every day on practice as its part of our blocking scheme.

Does the cut blocking we do come before or after the catch and shove?:)

I thought you were one of those who discredited using Vegas lines as being indicative of any actual assessment of advantage?

Edit: It was your brother, actually, but I assume you support his view?

And this thread is about to go off the rails...

I don’t think I’ve ever said Vegas is a poor indicator particularly because it’s generally very close to what metrics show (likely because Vegas uses metrics). I can speak for my brother but I would i would be surprised if he said that either. Perhaps he said Vegas sometimes takes into sight account public expectations. Id need to see what he said to respond

That's a lot of respect.

The game tomorrow is a 'whiteout' for GT's homecoming, so be sure all of going wear black.

If we play well, we can win this game.
A record of 5-2 considering our schedule to date would be pretty darn good.

The key to defending the triple option is outstanding linebacking, not sure we have that nor the depth at that position to match up well with GT.

Back