• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Which of the bigs is most likely to play 25+ minutes per game this season?

Which of the bigs will average 25 + minutes per game?

• Doral Moore

Votes: 20 40.8%
  • Samuel Japhet-Mathias

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Terrence Thompson

Votes: 13 26.5%
  • Olivier Sarr

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • Sunday Okeke

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donovan Mitchell

• Rich Washington

• Doofus/Numbers

Votes: 4 8.2%

• Total voters

Deaconblue

Reaction score
There are seven players who could earn minutes playing the center and PF positions. Which one is most likely to average 25 or more minutes per game?

Doral Moore
Terrence Thompson
Sunday Okeke
Olivier Sarr
Samuel Japhet-Mathias
Donovan Mitchell
Rich Washington
Doofus/Numbers

Last edited:
Then no need for Rich Wash. I will check these guys out on Saturday. My guess is that Melo is bigger than listed and will get minutes at the 4 on occasion.

I would have put Doral as #2. If the light comes on, we will be very good.

Then no need for Rich Wash. I will check these guys out on Saturday. My guess is that Melo is bigger than listed and will get minutes at the 4 on occasion.

You may be correct. The guys I listed are on the Wake roster as F or C. Melo is a g/f, so I took that to mean he is unlikely to play the four.

That is what makes the actual playing time for players such an unknown at this time. Wake could have used that super early island tournament this year to start sorting out who plays where and how much time he gets.

Agreed. He's the same size as Hoard and Mucius and we expect them to play together at the forward spots next season. Makes sense we will see Brown and Melo together this year, maybe Mitchell too.

Never saw anything out of Mitchell last year. Hopefully he is more dynamic than he appeared.

"Which of the bigs will average 25 + minutes per game?"

None.

Yeah the answer is definitely none - even Collins barely eclipsed 25 minutes a game last year and he was our MVP.

Doral has clearly been working his ass off to add strength and hopefully conditioning as well. If both translate in-game he'll get a little more space down low and the game should slow down for him. If he's within 5 feet of the basket he can simply dunk the fuck out of the ball, so he still gets my vote for biggest x-factor this year. By far the highest ceiling in our front court, at least until Sarr bulks up.

Doral is the guy I would like to see playing 25+. That would mean at least two major things have happened: His stamina is greatly improved from the past two years, and he is able to stay out of foul trouble. He has the potential to be a game changer as a shot blocker, rim protector and finisher at the rim.

The most likely candidate to me is Terrence Thompson. He has a lot of game experience, is a more mature guy as a fifth year player and put up decent stats against reasonable competition.

All this is speculation until we get some reports from people who have seen some actual practices.

None will play 25 minutes/game. There will be a bunch in the teens. Maybe Moore will get into the low 20s.

Back