• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boy Scouts will admit girls

My son is trying it for the first time (wolf). His troop basically stopped with the popcorn and went all in on school supplies. 1 price to buy and deliver to the classroom on back to school night. Apparently made for more than they ever did with the popcorn.

The popcorn is awful and we have 3 more years of selling it.

If you hate the troops, you can send some to them.

My son is trying it for the first time (wolf). His troop basically stopped with the popcorn and went all in on school supplies. 1 price to buy and deliver to the classroom on back to school night. Apparently made for more than they ever did with the popcorn.

Yeah man, fuck popcorn. We're railing hard on camp cards. Do you have a link to the school supplies things? That sounds like an amazing idea.

Boy Scout troop I know sells mulch. A local nursery gets it for them wholesale and allows the scouts to use the nursery as staging area. Scouts deliver flyers to the neighborhood and get sales. Scouts (and parents) deliver bags of mulch to customers. As total deliveries got larger, Scout Troop rented truck and nursery loaded pallets (40 bags per pallet) of mulch onto the trucks. Scouts unloaded and delivered bag by bag.

generally speaking, all fundraisers by students/kids organizations are annoying

I would guess that 75% of proceeds are from family and people who feel obligated to pitch in, not people who want what is being sold at the marked up price

Yeah man, fuck popcorn. We're railing hard on camp cards. Do you have a link to the school supplies things? That sounds like an amazing idea.

I don't. We started right after so we missed it. My understanding is they used the county website to get each grade level list. People signed up with school, grade, teacher. Bought everything in bulk from Amazon, Walmart etc. Finding the best prices. They them spent an evening putting each package together. Delivered BTSN.

These days I just hand the packs/troops $10 or $20 when I see them posted outside the store I’m entering. No need for more popcorn, thanks.

generally speaking, all fundraisers by students/kids organizations are annoying

I would guess that 75% of proceeds are from family and people who feel obligated to pitch in, not people who want what is being sold at the marked up price

Girl Scout cookies are the only good one since it's a unique product that's actually good.

Growing up my elementary school had a wrapping paper fundraiser and my mom loved that stuff, said it was the best quality. She ended up doing the buying so it made it easy.

Mulch has gotten competitive. There are now 2 or 3 troops that canvass our area selling mulch. They went from crappy home printing fliers to professional, glossy door hangers this year. 2 of them made the leap this year. Probably thought they were first out of the gate.

Mulch has gotten competitive. There are now 2 or 3 troops that canvass our area selling mulch. They went from crappy home printing fliers to professional, glossy door hangers this year. 2 of them made the leap this year. Probably thought they were first out of the gate.

Some orgs are doing pine needles the same way.

I hate selling popcorn! Nobody wants that shit. We usually end up buy 2 or 3 bags just so we can "contribute". But this past year, our cub pack did store front sales and had our best year ever. Cubs/parents took shifts manning the booth in front of a local grocer and we actually did very well. That's the way to go with those kind of products for fund-raising.

Mulch is a good idea because it's actually WORK and people like to pay boys to do something.

Our troop sells car wash gift cards to Autobell - at least once per shift i can count on some old coot oldsplaining to me about how he had to WORK to raise money when he was a boy, now we just want people to GIVE it to us like a bunch of pansies.

Mulch is a good idea because it's actually WORK and people like to pay boys to do something.

Our troop sells car wash gift cards to Autobell - at least once per shift i can count on some old coot oldsplaining to me about how he had to WORK to raise money when he was a boy, now we just want people to GIVE it to us like a bunch of pansies.

[milhouse]well it's true you loser[/milhouse]

Boy Scouts - founded 1910, admitted girls 2017, bankrupt 2020 - coincidence?

No. Admitting girls was a last ditch effort to avoid the bankruptcy they’re in from abusing boys.

Boy Scouts - founded 1910, admitted girls 2017, bankrupt 2020 - coincidence?

Fuck off. My daughter joined a BSA Troop for girls it was awesome. She loves camping and hiking and being out side now.

Fuck off. My daughter joined a BSA Troop for girls it was awesome. She loves camping and hiking and being out side now.

I was skeptical at first too but then I talked to someone in leadership who was actually knowledgeable about the whole thing and girls joining the BSA isn't what people think it is. They have a separate program for girls under the BSA name. The BSA program is different than the Girl Scouts program. The merits are actually earned rather than given. BSA has a much wider range of activities and programs than Girl Scouts. I can see why adventuring girls would want to join. I'm glad your daughter had/is having a good experience.

Back