• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boy Scouts will admit girls

Man you guys take stuff seriously.

Can't common sense just prevail sometimes? The institution is called the Boy Scouts of America. They've been around for over 100 years, without girls being included, with no issues (in that regard) that the Google finds. Once the PC Principals get a whiff of such a horrible perceived injustice of not including girls in Boy Scouts - just say that out loud a few times - they must rectify such a horrible injustice.

I take thinly veiled misogynist insults seriously. And point them out even when you don't realize you're doing it.

I could see that.

On the flip side, maybe boys would be more open and honest moving forward, particularly in friendships and relationships with girls, if organizations they were involved in during their formative years encouraged and solidified that it was okay to be open and honest about their struggles and emotions in front of both other boys and girls rather than something to be ashamed of or for fear of not appearing "manly" enough.

I don't disagree. I don't think some of the issues have to do with shame, or appearing manly, though. I just think some boys may not prefer to share issues with women and vice versa. And there are plenty of other avenues to do that, it doesn't have to be Boy Scouts. I don't think the integration automatically means boys will be more open with women.

I do think there are benefits from learning from both your mother and father, and male and female friends. But not everything has to be all inclusive. I talk to my guy friends about different issues than I talk about my wife about, and that's ok. I don't think there was anything wrong with having an organization geared toward boys and young men.

I think there are ways to accomplish what this is trying to accomplish. IE having more joint "socials", camping trips, meetings, etc including both the local Girls Scouts and Boy Scouts without having to fully integrate girls into the Boy Scouts. And the Girl scouts need to step up their game and model boy scouts if it's a far better entity, something I don't know to be true or untrue.

ETA: I don't think this is the end of the world or anything. I think there will be good that comes out of this. I just think it was unnecessary.

Last edited:
The Boy Scouts felt it was necessary to double their potential base. Seems like a good business move.

The Boy Scouts felt it was necessary to double their potential base. Seems like a good business move.

This is what bothers me more than anything. I wish boys today and their parents could see the value and fun to be had.

Man you guys take stuff seriously.

Can't common sense just prevail sometimes? The institution is called the Boy Scouts of America. They've been around for over 100 years, without girls being included, with no issues (in that regard) that the Google finds. Once the PC Principals get a whiff of such a horrible perceived injustice of not including girls in Boy Scouts - just say that out loud a few times - they must rectify such a horrible injustice.

cf519309de0af43a55f662f078626a7bd70d3d106c81c932496952a7611534a1.jpg

This was a good one. Bravo.

Final chime-in to say that I was never in scouts, and really don't care at all about this, but just thought it was another example of PC Principals fighting to change something that seems absurdly against common sense. It appears I should have read more, and that the BSA may actually want this to help boost falling numbers, and benefit all (other than males who have a problem with it). I'll take an L in that regard, if it will help the warriors of justice in their quest for superiority.

Final chime-in to say that I was never in scouts, and really don't care at all about this, but just thought it was another example of PC Principals fighting to change something that seems absurdly against common sense. It appears I should have read more, and that the BSA may actually want this to help boost falling numbers, and benefit all (other than males who have a problem with it). I'll take an L in that regard, if it will help the warriors of justice in their quest for superiority.

I dig this idea there's some cabal of PC police plotting and subverting American institutions. The meetings must be insufferable.

Was fighting for social justice ever a good thing or am I finally being exposed to people who don't think it is?

Has there really ever been any kind of fervor to admit girls into BSA? Certainly nothing like there was about gay scouts and leaders.

This doesn't read like a change driven by PC principals, but rather a change driven by a shift in the interests of boys.

It is according to tigerswood.

I could see that.

On the flip side, maybe boys would be more open and honest moving forward, particularly in friendships and relationships with girls, if organizations they were involved in during their formative years encouraged and solidified that it was okay to be open and honest about their struggles and emotions in front of both other boys and girls rather than something to be ashamed of or for fear of not appearing "manly" enough.

Numbers, you've seriously let the SJW mentality turn your brain inside out. You need to go live on a farm for a year so very far away from the city.

Girls in Boy Scouts = Social Justice?

Exactly. This is not a social justice issue.

I dig this idea there's some cabal of PC police plotting and subverting American institutions. The meetings must be insufferable.

I heard your membership fees are waived if you also join the Mass Media Conglomerate.

Numbers, you've seriously let the SJW mentality turn your brain inside out. You need to go live on a farm for a year so very far away from the city.

Yep, because that's what we all need: more time spent in homogeneous parts of the country. Plus, we all know women don't live on farms !

Numbers, you've seriously let the SJW mentality turn your brain inside out. You need to go live on a farm for a year so very far away from the city

I would love to hear what you found in that post that led you to think his brain has been "turned inside out".

I am also unclear on how moving to a farm would help out with that.

It's pretty clear: boys and girls are different and should be raised differently. Boys need to be taught how to become men so they go camping, hiking, fishing, etc. while women need to be taught to cook, do the laundry, and raise the children. On the farm, I'll get in a year's worth of hard work as a ranch hand (hopefully I'll meet a nice man who resembles Heath Ledger) and will enjoy the aroma of a freshly baked apple pie sitting in the window cooling, cooked by one of the women (who, in her rightful place, learned cooking skills as a young child - fortunately she did NOT receive any Boy Scouts-esque training).

country folk just knows better than them big city folk with all ther fancy book-learnin'

Back