• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Boy Scouts will admit girls

It's pretty clear: boys and girls are different and should be raised differently. Boys need to be taught how to become men so they go camping, hiking, fishing, etc. while women need to be taught to cook, do the laundry, and raise the children. On the farm, I'll get in a year's worth of hard work as a ranch hand (hopefully I'll meet a nice man who resembles Heath Ledger) and will enjoy the aroma of a freshly baked apple pie sitting in the window cooling, cooked by one of the women (who, in her rightful place, learned cooking skills as a young child - fortunately she did NOT receive any Boy Scouts-esque training).

None of those things.

You'd (hopefully) learn perspective about what details matter and how you only have enough time to manage a finite number of things in a day. You'd learn that most women, just like most men, are hard workers, but that it makes a shitload of sense to have a man moving bales into the barn while the woman brushes down the horses. Can they both do either job? For sure. Does that division of labor represent an efficiency? Yes.

You're a young 20-something nuts deep in an argument on behalf of women everywhere talking about two organizations that you have no boots-on-the-ground experience with. A lot of folks have been even handed in their replies to you, but it's painfully obvious that you're deadset on pushing a narrative instead of hearing about the experiences that the folks who were actually in the organizations that you're actively arm-chair aristotling.

My farm comment was not to make you dissect the male-on-male matches that you'd get on famersonly.com (you'd be joyfully split in twain, no doubt). It was to say, "hey, dude, you're too far away up there in the ivory tower; get some experience."

The organization itself, which presumably has boots on the ground experience with itself, is the one that chose to admit girls.

Sorry "Grab Turds Bare," but the ivory tower does not admit lawyers.

brb gotta talk to my wife about most efficient division of labor.

None of those things.

You'd (hopefully) learn perspective about what details matter and how you only have enough time to manage a finite number of things in a day. You'd learn that most women, just like most men, are hard workers, but that it makes a shitload of sense to have a man moving bales into the barn while the woman brushes down the horses. Can they both do either job? For sure. Does that division of labor represent an efficiency? Yes.

You're a young 20-something nuts deep in an argument on behalf of women everywhere talking about two organizations that you have no boots-on-the-ground experience with. A lot of folks have been even handed in their replies to you, but it's painfully obvious that you're deadset on pushing a narrative instead of hearing about the experiences that the folks who were actually in the organizations that you're actively arm-chair aristotling.

My farm comment was not to make you dissect the male-on-male matches that you'd get on famersonly.com (you'd be joyfully split in twain, no doubt). It was to say, "hey, dude, you're too far away up there in the ivory tower; get some experience."

I need further instruction/details on this and why this is the case...I'm being serious.

I mean are people just trying to give Trump more things like "bring back Christmas" where he can win on an issue and MAGA?

Can someone rank the following events/groups in order of "most likely to instill a sense of efficient division of labor and/or decrease ivory tower issues?"

1. Ranching
2. Farming
3. Using FarmersOnly.com
4. Boy Scouts
5. Having an online conversation with an anonymous dude using Meme Toon Link as their avatar (potentially the poster formerly known as Knight)

"well, this trump fella seems kinda controversial but the Boy Scouts deciding on their own with no outside pressure, in fact many arguments against even from the Girl Scouts, to allow girls into their group by a unanimous decision sure does tickle my PC bone. Gotta vote for him"

Do I have my timeline right:

Boy Scouts announce they're letting in girls
Some people on here say it's a bad idea
Others want to know specifically why it's a bad idea
Original people conclude that the ivory tower folks just don't get why the Boy Scouts shouldn't let girls in, but that working on a farm and/or being familiar with the Boy Scouts could explain it (ignoring that the Boy Scouts themselves announced they were letting girls in)
Plama wonders aloud if the Boy Scouts are giving Donald a win

Just wanna be sure that's the right order

And for this experience JHMD is eternally grateful.

In fact, I am an Eagle Scout. I'm grateful for my experience in Scouting. I am hopeful that my sons pursue their Eagle Award. This is the latest in the line of problems that didn't need fixing.

So...a 100 year old character-building and community service organization totally needs an overhaul...but we're cool with mass dependency on public sector benefits; the less said the better, it seems. Strange times.

AND we strictly interpret words that were written on a paper over 200 years ago as what we MUST adhere to as a nation.

Strange times indeed.

if there's one thing Eagle Scouts are good at it's telling other people they're Eagle Scouts

what about rescue dog(s)

I prefer that they be raised by their biological parents.

This wasn't a problem, nor is this a solution to anything. Everybody feels like a hero, nothing actually gets done. Take tomorrow off, SJWs. You've hit your quota of nothing for the week.

Last edited:
I prefer that they be raised by their biological parents.

This wasn't a problem, nor is this a solution to anything. Everybody feels like a hero, nothing actually gets done. Take tomorrow off, SJWs. You've hit your quota of nothing for the week.

so the Boy Scouts are SJWs?

Back