Page 18 of 80 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232868 ... LastLast

Thread: The religious right's hypocrisy now on full display

they don’t care. abortion bad.

“Evangelical sex ethics = Girls who have consensual sex are called sluts and men who commit sexual assault are called Your Honor and Mr. President.”

- Rachel Held Evans

PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    Conservative Christian politics is about control of women’s bodies.

No idea who this guy is or what denomination but this thread is a refreshing jolt back to reality.

I appreciate the sentiment. That being said, literally the entirety of the Republican Party platform since HW would be an affront to Jesus’s vision of Christianity.
    We're going to be good again.

Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    And these guys wonder why church attendance - even in most Evangelical sects - is steadily declining, especially among younger generations. The Religious Right has managed to almost completely politicize Christianity, and among younger adults it's often seen as little more than an arm of the Republican Party, like the NRA or Tea Partiers. The hypocrisy and obvious agenda from "Pastor Brunson" types is almost comical at this point. He might as well be praying to Trump, not for him, as Trump is now clearly the Religious Right's Messiah. Trump probably laughed like hell when the guy finally left; I've read several times that he privately holds these types of people in contempt. It's all just a show to him.
    Last edited by Highland Deac; 10-14-2018 at 12:57 AM.

Why would anybody who has followed Trump for the last 40 years think he respects Christianity?

Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Why would anybody who has followed Trump for the last 40 years think he respects Christianity?
    Some future historian is going to be able to write a great book about how religious fundamentalists, who preach that in the last days all non-believers will be duped into following an Anti-Christ who will lead them all to ruin - and eventually straight to hell - were themselves duped by a guy who in many respects is a perfect Anti-Christ. We'll see if he leads them all to ruin. Unfortunately, all the non-believers in this case also have no choice but to join the ride, unless they just leave the country.

"They are thankful to be safely home in the USA," Tony Perkins, president of the conservative Family Research Council, tweeted after returning to the country with the pastor and Brunson's wife, Norine. "Under this administration being an American means something!"

Yep.

For many, it means we are deeply ashamed.
    I love mankind...it’s people I can’t stand!!

Yep.

Jesus would be really concerned to not disrupt 100 billion in weapons sales. In his name.

Bullshit.

I disagree with you
    Render unto Raytheon that which is Raytheon's

Historically Competitive
    Quote Originally Posted by Newenglanddeac View Post
    I saw this one and was coming to post it. Eeesh. Prosperity Gospel worshiping its master.

What a spiritual leader!

Quote Originally Posted by Wrangor View Post
    I saw this one and was coming to post it. Eeesh. Prosperity Gospel worshiping its master.
    “For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?”
    ‭‭Mark‬ ‭8:36‬ ‭KJV‬‬
    http://bible.com/1/mrk.8.36.kjv

White evangelical protestants are the only religious demographic in the United States in which the majority views immigrants as a "threat" to American values and sees the country's increasing racial diversity as a bad thing, a new survey has found.
    https://www.christianpost.com/news/m...a-prri-228238/

Apparently, racism and xenophobia are mobilizing white evangelicals as a group even more than abortion and same-sex marriage these days.

Never Murdered My FIL
    Quote Originally Posted by IamThunderbolt View Post
    https://www.christianpost.com/news/m...a-prri-228238/

Apparently, racism and xenophobia are mobilizing white evangelicals as a group even more than abortion and same-sex marriage these days.
    They should really read the part of Matthew 25 where Jesus tells them to go to hell.

He seems nice.