• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The religious right's hypocrisy now on full display

you left out Revelations. They love them some Revelations.

kind of. For a lot of evangelicals, they haven't really read/studied Revelation(s), they just let Left Behind interpret it for them

And duly noted on the s on Revelations - one of my pet peeves, along with referring to a particular Psalm as Psalms 87 etc.

Last edited:
you left out Revelations. They love them some Revelations.

You want to have a real interesting evening? Get intoxicated with your favorite intoxication substance and then watch some YouTube videos about Revelations. Shit will knock your socks off.

You want to have a real interesting evening? Get intoxicated with your favorite intoxication substance and then watch some YouTube videos about Revelations. Shit will knock your socks off.

kind of appropriate, since I'm fairly sure John of Patmos was on some kind of trip when he dictated that mess.

kind of. For a lot of evangelicals, they haven't really read/studied Revelation(s), they just let Left Behind interpret it for them

And duly noted on the s on Revelations - one of my pet peeves, along with referring to a particular Psalm as Psalms 87 etc.

Two Corinthians.

I didn’t go to church growing up and seriously thought Revelations was a joke when I first heard about it.

Did Fox call the Cruz / Beto race yet?

It just hit me that many so-called evangelicals probably don’t know the actual scriptures.

Interestingly enough most people that aligned themselves as evangelicals don’t even go to church very often, they just feel real Christian and self righteous.

https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2018/04/the-last-temptation/554066/

The moral convictions of many evangelical leaders have become a function of their partisan identification. This is not mere gullibility; it is utter corruption. Blinded by political tribalism and hatred for their political opponents, these leaders can’t see how they are undermining the causes to which they once dedicated their lives. Little remains of a distinctly Christian public witness.

I see they left off “illegal” stranger.

Jesus wouldn’t care about illegal ones, apparently.

MAGA

I think the response from Franklin Graham and his ilk would be that the response of The Church/Christians and the US Government are and should be different. What you don’t see however is these multi-million dollar organizations they run deploying resources to greet these refugees at the border with humanitarian aid.

If utilitarian calculations are to be applied, they need to be fully applied. For a package of political benefits, these evangelical leaders have associated the Christian faith with racism and nativism. They have associated the Christian faith with misogyny and the mocking of the disabled. They have associated the Christian faith with lawlessness, corruption, and routine deception. They have associated the Christian faith with moral confusion about the surpassing evils of white supremacy and neo-Nazism. The world is full of tragic choices and compromises. But for this man? For this cause?

They are all Pharisees.

Back