• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The religious right's hypocrisy now on full display

Sure. But asking for foregiveness > the actions you need to be foregiven.

There is a presumption that actions will accompany words but the words are more important.

I don't think that Trump would ever ask for forgiveness because he doesn't believe that he has ever done anything wrong.

What gay-hating right-wing Baptist preacher and fundie university leader hasn't had shady lawyers help him give nearly two million dollars to a 21-year-old pool boy in Florida? Or that Falwell and his wife made the pool boy the manager of a hostel, despite him having no relevant experience in such matters? I'm sure there's nothing more to this story...

Agreed. Let’s talk how Obama is an anti-colonialist Muslim who hates America and freedom.

“What earns him my support is his business acumen. Our country was so deep in debt and so mismanaged by career politicians that we needed someone who was not a career politician, but someone who’d been successful in business to run the country like a business. That’s the reason I supported him.”

Man, these two deserve each other. Frauds of the highest order convincing people to support them.

He then goes on to say that “Obama decimated the military.” What verse in the Bible does Jesus talk about F-22 Raptors and laser guided missiles, Falwell?

Oh and this comment was spot on:

“Oh, so I misunderstood... the “money changers” were actually the good guys in the story. Got it.”

"A poor person never gave anyone a job. A poor person never gave anybody charity, not of any real volume. It’s just common sense to me."

“What earns him my support is his business acumen. Our country was so deep in debt and so mismanaged by career politicians that we needed someone who was not a career politician, but someone who’d been successful in business to run the country like a business. That’s the reason I supported him.”

Man, these two deserve each other. Frauds of the highest order convincing people to support them.

He then goes on to say that “Obama decimated the military.” What verse in the Bible does Jesus talk about F-22 Raptors and laser guided missiles, Falwell?

Given little Falwell's recently-publicized scandal involving giving $1.8 million to a 21-year-old pool boy he and his wife met in Florida to do a job for which the pool boy had no relevant experience, he might want to avoid the press for awhile. Many of these Evangelical leaders, like Falwell and Graham, are shredding their credibility outside of their flock. Not that they care, of course, but it's always nice to see their hypocrisy being exposed so blatantly.

"A poor person never gave anyone a job. A poor person never gave anybody charity, not of any real volume. It’s just common sense to me."

Jesus was poor, and his ministry led to a religion that changed the world. A religion that Falwell claims to be a member of. What an idiot. Perhaps Falwell should find a new religion - he might find the beliefs of Ayn Rand to his liking.

Oh, he’s been following Rand instead of Jesus for a long time.

Learnt from his daddy.

David Matheson, a Mormon who has been described as the "intellectual godfather" of the "conversion therapy" movement, and spent years "helping" gay men remain in hetero marriages, has publicly stated that he's gay and is now actively looking for a gay boyfriend. He recently divorced his wife of 34 years. In his facebook statement outing himself, Matheson "acknowledged his work has hurt some people, but he would not fully renounce “conversion therapy.” Instead, he blamed what he referred to as the “shame-based, homophobic-based system” of the Mormon church in which he was raised. He acknowledged that he perpetuated that system, but he also argued that he helped some men who wished to live “in congruence” with their faith."

Full story here: https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc...rsue-life-gay-man-n961766?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

David Matheson, a Mormon who has been described as the "intellectual godfather" of the "conversion therapy" movement, and spent years "helping" gay men remain in hetero marriages, has publicly stated that he's gay and is now actively looking for a gay boyfriend. He recently divorced his wife of 34 years. In his facebook statement outing himself, Matheson "acknowledged his work has hurt some people, but he would not fully renounce “conversion therapy.” Instead, he blamed what he referred to as the “shame-based, homophobic-based system” of the Mormon church in which he was raised. He acknowledged that he perpetuated that system, but he also argued that he helped some men who wished to live “in congruence” with their faith."

Full story here: https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc...rsue-life-gay-man-n961766?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

man, pence will be broken up about this...

I’m sure plenty of people on both sides will make spiteful jokes, but good for him.

There were recently a series of radiolab episodes on the conversion therapy movement, it’s origins in psychology and transition to the religious realm. Fascinating stuff. They were done as part of a longer series called Unerased but two of the episodes were released as radiolab podcasts.

https://www.wnycstudios.org/story/unerased-davidson-gay-cure

52605702_1994259110880372_7895773104218046464_n.jpg

Back