Page 2 of 80 FirstFirst 12345671252 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 1584

Thread: The religious right's hypocrisy now on full display

  1. #21
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,786
    Why do conservatives think O'Reilly is better than or morally superior to Harvey Weinstein?

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Why do conservatives think O'Reilly is better than or morally superior to Harvey Weinstein?
    The same reason they're ok with Trump.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Why do conservatives think O'Reilly is better than or morally superior to Harvey Weinstein?
    And it's odd (well, not really) that Sean Hannity continues to defend him and even had him on his show recently.

  4. #24
    Rusty Larue
    DeaconSig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    11,339
    Its not odd at all. The FoxNews crowd, and those that follow them, don't believe that sexual harassment is a problem. Men are naturally superior to women. Men also can't be expected to control themselves around women who dress provocatively. So when women complain that those type of men sexually harassed them, it is either #bitchbecrazy or #shehaditcoming. Its the same reason they can casting a vote for President Trump, despite the fact that all evidence is he is a giant piece of shit.

    Those liberals and Hollywood elites, however, do believe that sexual harassment is a problem. They preach about it from their ivory towers. So when it turns out that one of that crowd has been a sexual abuser for a while, it means all liberals and Hollywood elites are hypocrites. And FoxNews and its followers love almost nothing more in this world than hypocrisy from the left.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Why do conservatives think O'Reilly is better than or morally superior to Harvey Weinstein?
    Good question. Perhaps your conservative colleagues in academia can shed some light on this one.

  6. #26
    Political posturing trumps all else.

    Weinstein was already a creepy degenerate because of his liberal politics. O’reilly is a good guy who might have made a mistake or two but is more likely a victim of political assassination.
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by ConnorEl View Post
    Political posturing trumps all else.

    Weinstein was already a creepy degenerate because of his liberal politics. Oíreilly is a good guy who might have made a mistake or two but is more likely a victim of political assassination.



  8. #28
    BRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDD

  9. #29
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    45,917
    Pattern of sexual Harassment = simple mistakes

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by DeaconSig View Post
    Its not odd at all. The FoxNews crowd, and those that follow them, don't believe that sexual harassment is a problem. Men are naturally superior to women. Men also can't be expected to control themselves around women who dress provocatively. So when women complain that those type of men sexually harassed them, it is either #bitchbecrazy or #shehaditcoming. Its the same reason they can casting a vote for President Trump, despite the fact that all evidence is he is a giant piece of shit.

    Those liberals and Hollywood elites, however, do believe that sexual harassment is a problem. They preach about it from their ivory towers. So when it turns out that one of that crowd has been a sexual abuser for a while, it means all liberals and Hollywood elites are hypocrites. And FoxNews and its followers love almost nothing more in this world than hypocrisy from the left.
    right but you'd think (hope) someone at Fox would be like wait a second you're letting the guy back in our building to go on air just months after being fired for sexual harassment?

  11. #31
    Rusty Larue
    DeaconSig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    God's Country
    Posts
    11,339
    Quote Originally Posted by BarcaDeac View Post
    right but you'd think (hope) someone at Fox would be like wait a second you're letting the guy back in our building to go on air just months after being fired for sexual harassment?
    Nope. Again, sexual harassment is not a problem for FoxNews. Nor is it a problem for the hundreds of GOP elected officials who go on FoxNews all the time. Nor is it a problem for the President, who gets his entire world view from a news company that employs women who clearly were asking for it.

  12. #32
    i mean they know what they sign up for

  13. #33
    so why'd they fire all those guys?

  14. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    Why do conservatives think O'Reilly is better than or morally superior to Harvey Weinstein?
    One Word: Hillary Roddam Clinton.

  15. #35
    Is this who we are?

    By Editorial Board
    October 27 at 7:04 PM
    Loaded in 0.5 seconds

    IMMIGRATION OFFICIALS outdid themselves this week when they took into custody a 10-year-old girl with cerebral palsy who had just undergone emergency surgery. Is this what President Trump had in mind when he promised that federal enforcement resources would be focused on the “bad hombres”?

    Rosa Maria Hernandez, whose developmental delays put her on a mental par with a 4- or 5-year-old, faces deportation in a case that calls into question the judgment — not to mention humanity — of federal agents. It also should prompt reassessment of the change in policy from that of the Obama administration, which focused enforcement on recent arrivals and those with serious criminal records, to one in which anyone — anywhere — apparently is fair game.

    The girl, brought across the Mexican border to Laredo, Tex., when she was 3 months old, was being transferred from a medical center in Laredo to a hospital in Corpus Christi at 2 a.m. Tuesday when the ambulance was stopped at a Border Patrol interior checkpoint. Agents allowed the girl and the adult cousin who accompanied her to proceed to the hospital for the child’s gallbladder surgery. But several armed Border Patrol agents, according to the girl’s family, were posted outside the operating room and then her hospital room until she was transferred to a federal facility for migrant children. Keep in mind that this is a frightened child who has never been away from her family, that her doctor recommended discharge to a family member familiar with her condition, and that her cousin and grandfather, both legal residents, offered to take care of her.

    Let’s hope the public dismay at these events prompts someone in authority to come to their senses. The little girl should be released immediately to family members, and compassion shown in dealing with her case. Her parents brought her to this country as an infant in search of better treatment for her cerebral palsy. They weren’t with her in the ambulance because they both lack legal status and feared crossing the checkpoint. It’s unusual for federal agents to detain a child already living in the United States. Who could have possibly imagined that a 10-year-old with disabilities being rushed to a hospital would be the target of federal enforcement? The harm done extends beyond Rosa Maria and her family to other parents who now will have to think about the risk of detention and deportation in deciding whether to seek medical treatment for their children.

    Is this really the image the Border Patrol wants for itself? Is this the image we Americans want for ourselves?

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...=.00aad84dafec



    Last edited by Newenglanddeac; 10-27-2017 at 11:55 PM.

  16. #36
    I love triggered deacsig

  17. #37
    Dropping a pretty accurate assessment of Foxpubs doesn’t indicate being triggered. You desire to take a jab at him when he speaks the truth does indicate it struck a nerve with you.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Good question. Perhaps your conservative colleagues in academia can shed some light on this one.
    So your response to Fox/The Right embracing a sexual assaulter is “what about” the lack of conservatives in academia?

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobacco Road View Post
    Dropping a pretty accurate assessment of Foxpubs doesn’t indicate being triggered. You desire to take a jab at him when he speaks the truth does indicate it struck a nerve with you.
    Nah. I think all sexual harrassment is bad

  20. #40
    Unsurprisingly, they are eating their own: Evangelical Leader Under Attack For Criticizing Trump Supporters
    I love mankind...itís people I canít stand!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •