Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2530313233343536 LastLast
Results 681 to 700 of 702

Thread: The religious right's hypocrisy now on full display

  1. #681
    Any Christian defending his tweet today is woefully too far gone.

  2. #682
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever RJKarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    67,017
    Quote Originally Posted by DDA View Post
    Any Person defending his tweet today is woefully too far gone.
    FIFY

  3. #683

  4. #684

  5. #685
    Didn’t something happen in that town where some guy signed some papers to be let back in America?

  6. #686

  7. #687
    That's the sickest burn involving the National Cathedral since Jed Bartlet in the West Wing's S2 finale.

  8. #688
    As an aside, Pence reminds me more and more of a pod person.

  9. #689
    Never Murdered My FIL
    Deacfreak07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    63,890
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacHead View Post
    That's the sickest burn involving the National Cathedral since Jed Bartlet in the West Wing's S2 finale.
    One of the best scenes in the history of network television.

  10. #690
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    102,151
    And instead of seeing this as Christians worried about the direction of their party, Republicans will circle the wagons and claim bias.

  11. #691

  12. #692
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    “But abortion !”

    What’s really messed up about this, what-should-be-unprecedented-statement, is that evangelicals for trump won’t be affected by it because they’d rather sell their faith and witness out than simply, and I mean simply, say “you know, I really can’t justify this anymore.” Pete’s statement in last night’s debate on republicans was accurate but it can also apply to Christians for trump.

    Wrangor, who will you vote for when it’s Trump vs any of the viable Dems?

  13. #693
    Agreed. There’s probably more who call it out but not as public. Unfortunately, they’re drowned out by the rabid Jeffries’ of the world.

  14. #694
    Quote Originally Posted by WFFaithful View Post
    That’s a very good article. I’m glad that at least a few ministers are still promoting the gospel and not the cult of Trump.

  15. #695
    Quote Originally Posted by DDA View Post
    Agreed. There’s probably more who call it out but not as public. Unfortunately, they’re drowned out by the rabid Jeffries’ of the world.
    There are. I know some that are doing so in some congregations located in some pretty rural places that would probably surprise folks here.

  16. #696
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    102,151
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    That’s a very good article. I’m glad that at least a few ministers are still promoting the gospel and not the cult of Trump.
    Agreed. That’s a strong article.

    Not sure who said a Pete nomination could be the final event that causes a major schism among white Christians, but the more I think about it, it he was right.

  17. #697

  18. #698
    Quote Originally Posted by WFFaithful View Post
    One of the myths of Evangelicals is that the Anti-Christ will fool all non-believers into thinking that he is the new Messiah (or real Messiah), and they will blindly follow him to their doom. Given their blind adoration and cult-like devotion to Trump - who certainly is an "Anti-Christ" in many respects - it appears that Evangelicals are far more likely to fall for an Anti-Christ, and blindly adore and worship him, than non-believers are.

  19. #699
    Well that makes sense given that Evangelicals are obviously more likely to blindly believe anything.

  20. #700
    Quote Originally Posted by DDA View Post
    “But abortion !”

    What’s really messed up about this, what-should-be-unprecedented-statement, is that evangelicals for trump won’t be affected by it because they’d rather sell their faith and witness out than simply, and I mean simply, say “you know, I really can’t justify this anymore.” Pete’s statement in last night’s debate on republicans was accurate but it can also apply to Christians for trump.

    Wrangor, who will you vote for when it’s Trump vs any of the viable Dems?
    He’s already told us that Joe Biden is the only Dem he’d vote for, and only if he steers clear of Medicare for all.
    Birds are real.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •