• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The religious right's hypocrisy now on full display

No argument there. But that doesn’t mean every person with religious beliefs is a fucking moron, which seems to be a prevalent notion on these threads. And Milhouse, you should think about joining up. There are tons of churches in the South that would be cool with the way you like to throw faggot around as a pejorative. You’d fit right in, buddy.

These threads are about the morons. Start your own thread about religious people who walk the walk and don’t support Trump.

I mean, you can find lots of movie quotes that use faggot as a homophobic slur used to denigrate someone’s masculinity, but go ahead and hide behind that rationale. Lot of hypocrites in the church too, man. There’s a spot in the front pew for ya!

I mean, you can find lots of movie quotes that use faggot as a homophobic slur used to denigrate someone’s masculinity, but go ahead and hide behind that rationale. Lot of hypocrites in the church too, man. There’s a spot in the front pew for ya!

okie dokie

These threads are about the morons. Start your own thread about religious people who walk the walk and don’t support Trump.

Dude, I generally enjoy your posts but the complaints about you often ring true. You can often be a smarmy, condescending prick.

why so sensitive this morning sunshine?

Probably because I’m sitting in a goddamn Valvoline waiting to get my oil changed and it’s 30 fucking degrees outside and their heat isn’t working. I have to take it out on someone.

This. I started this thread a few years ago because I was sick and tired of watching the religious right (and especially the Trumpist version) co-opt religion for their own political and personal gain. It’s been mentioned here numerous times but the hypocrisy displayed by this particular group of people is hurting religion, especially Christianity. As a fairly devout Christian, it’s our duty to call out this shameful bullshit.

And I like the idea of starting a thread about people who walk the walk. Unfortunately it’s going to be a small thread mostly with stories about Pete Buttigieg and a few others who actually adhere to a Christian values system that is deeper than “Abortion bad, God is good.”

Probably because I’m sitting in a goddamn Valvoline waiting to get my oil changed and it’s 30 fucking degrees outside and their heat isn’t working. I have to take it out on someone.

Thoughts and prayers.

No argument there. But that doesn’t mean every person with religious beliefs is a fucking moron, which seems to be a prevalent notion on these threads. And Milhouse, you should think about joining up. There are tons of churches in the South that would be cool with the way you like to throw faggot around as a pejorative. You’d fit right in, buddy.

True it’s not every person and not everyone is an evangelical but when the prevailing commentary from the evangelical community is continued endorsement of the far right and Donald I think it’s worthwhile to focus on and call out that segment of the population. Which I took to be the point of this thread.

Dude, I generally enjoy your posts but the complaints about you often ring true. You can often be a smarmy, condescending prick.

Correct me if I’m wrong but ph is a churchgoer as well. And somehow he’s able to not take these shots at religion personally.

This is reminiscent of people taking offense to the deplorable comment and happening to put themselves in the half that actually were deplorable. If you know you’re not one of the large majority of religious folks that support trump then you can feel secure that they’re not calling you an idiot.

No thoughtful person could ever be an evangelical christian.

06, I’m not even a religious person, but if you don’t think that this thread is full of crass generalizations and attacks on the intellect of anyone with faith, you haven’t been reading the thread. Dipshit evangelicals served to give us Trump. No disagreement there. But I fail to see how ridiculing someone for their faith I general is helpful.

Pretty strong Biblical argument for increasing capital gains taxes and establishing a wealth tax and keeping low income taxes for the working class.

Also, now that I’ve had my morning run and gotten out of the garage, I hereby apologize for calling you a smarmy prick PH. Ima hold on to that condescending though.

My god fearing, fox news watching mother tried the bs line about "god sometimes uses imperfect tools..." i agreed profusely and said something like "its too bad so many of gods children did not support his choice of obama when he was pres." I may have broken her brain for a few minutes.

My god fearing, fox news watching mother tried the bs line about "god sometimes uses imperfect tools..." i agreed profusely and said something like "its too bad so many of gods children did not support his choice of obama when he was pres." I may have broken her brain for a few minutes.

That’s a good one. Ask her if she prayed for Obama.

I agree i think god uses abortionists and homosexuals and environmentalists to do his work as well.

Nice to see that Franklin is bringing the newest generation of Grahams into the family business. Maybe they can start selling them in Evangelical churches just before and after the worship service!

Back