• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The religious right's hypocrisy now on full display

Because it's a semi-reasoned opinion piece by dolt 45's largest voting block. This is a crack. One of the first and only but picking off votes will be critical next year.

Evangelical Leaders Close Ranks With Trump After Scathing Editorial

... The president’s reaction was a sign of how critically important the white evangelical voting bloc is to his re-election. And the response from his leading Christian supporters — laced with animosity and mockery that mimicked Mr. Trump’s signature style — reflected how he has reshaped the evangelical political movement in his own mold, much as he has done with the Republican Party.

Ralph Reed, founder of the Faith and Freedom Coalition, said on Twitter that he was “sad” to see the publication “echo the arguments of The Squad & the Resistance & deepen its irrelevance among Christians.”

Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, compared Christianity Today to Speaker Nancy Pelosi. “CT, like Pelosi, makes claims w/o evidence,” he wrote on Twitter. “We’ve heard this before. Christians should apply a biblical worldview, not a PC worldview, to the current political landscape.”

Franklin Graham, whose father, the Rev. Billy Graham, founded Christianity Today, said in a Facebook post that the editorial was a “totally partisan attack” and revealed that the elder Graham had voted for the president in 2016, a little more than a year before he died. Mr. Graham went on to tally numerous accomplishments that he said Mr. Trump had achieved...

Words, truth, honor, integrity...none of this sort of stuff matters a whit to “conservatives” or Trumpistas.

Only power matters.

Jesus wept.

Last edited:
My Facebook feed is alive with white suburban men and women in the North and South defending Trump’s honor after it was MALICIOUSLY attacked by Christianity Today. It is truly amazing to see them repost Franklin Graham’s response that boils down to.... abortion... in the name of serial liar/adulterer/terrible human Donald Trump, who has probably paid for an abortion. As long as the game is about abortion, there is no way evangelicals will vote otherwise. Single issue wins the day.

I think Trump calling the magazine “ET” presumably for “Evangelical Today” made sense whether it was on purpose or not. “Evangelical” is a purely political term that’s removed from actual Christianity. It’s all about stopping abortion and not about bringing souls to Christ.

Thanks dems, for teaching us that a man’s private moral failings are not material to his fitness to govern.

Seems like a weird take for a member of party led almost completely by rich white guys.

Impeachment is about Trump’s political failings, his public moral failings. I thought you agreed with his impeachment.

But for the record, if you wanted to rid politics of everyone who has lied about having an affair, I would be game. It would hurt your side much much more.

Last edited:
Thanks dems, for teaching us that a man’s private moral failings are not material to his fitness to govern.

Uh, Dems don’t claim the moral religious high ground my dude.

Thanks republicans for showing us exactly who you are.

Trump’s election would not have been possible without Bill Clinton. We all learned from dems that a man’s personal moral failings are not relevant to his ability to govern. Grab ‘em by the pussy sucks and all, but ultimately, it’s the economy, stupid.

I’ll do you one better: lying about having an affair is obviously disqualifying. Let’s make the bar having one.

No. It wouldn’t have been possible without Bill Clinton because impeachment ruined everything he touched including Gore and Hillary.

If you think Bill Clinton was the first President with “personal moral failings,” you’re kidding yourself. The vast majority of the first half of our presidents owned people. Bill Clinton is nowhere close to that.

Katie Hill got caught having an affair and she resigned. Looks like the bar is already there for one party. Ante up.

I don't think George Washington allowed his wife Martha to personally murder 47 people, so let's not make excuses for the monster that Bill Clinton is.

As we all know, any moral failure of Republicans or their intentional destruction of the norms of our democratic system is because some member of the Democratic Party opened the door to it first and forced them through it. It's the McConnell rule.

Clinton would’ve shepherded the Obama economic recovery quite differently (and vastly better) than dumbass Trump and idiot Trumpublicans.

If we’re considering that it’s the economy, stupid.

Dude. Stop blaming Democrats for the Republicans’ moral and professional failure.

Trump’s election would not have been possible without Bill Clinton. We all learned from dems that a man’s personal moral failings are not relevant to his ability to govern. Grab ‘em by the pussy sucks and all, but ultimately, it’s the economy, stupid.

I’ll do you one better: lying about having an affair is obviously disqualifying. Let’s make the bar having one.

Actually the GOP started all that when they elected Dick Nixon (aka "Tricky Dick") as POTUS in 1968, despite his having a wide variety of public failings, including character assassination and gratuitous red-baiting among them. And Reagan was a has-been B movie and television actor who was made Governor of California in 1966 by his wealthy right-wing buddies, so his election as POTUS certainly made electing celebrities and entertainers a habit for Republicans.

Dude. Stop blaming Democrats for the Republicans’ moral and professional failure.

What failure? They control most of the federal government, and JB has been cooking up those judges in a silver spoon to inject straight into his veins.

I’m not blaming dems for anything. I’m simply pointing out their hypocrisy. I’m sorry if this thread is supposed to only be about pub hypocrisy.

It’s actually about the hypocrisy of the religious right. Read the title.

I’m not blaming dems for anything. I’m simply pointing out their hypocrisy. I’m sorry if this thread is supposed to only be about pub hypocrisy.

Correct. This thread is about exposing the party that has co-opted Christianity and “moral majority” for political gain for the frauds they are. Feel free to start a “Religious Left’s Hypocrisy on High Display” thread of you like, although be prepared to have much less content.

Or you can continue with the 3rd grade “you started it !” Retort (apparently ignoring Highland’s post).

"I'm not blaming Democrats for anything, I'm just blaming them for getting Trump elected. It's not my party's fault that they learned from you Democrats that morals and character don't count in a POTUS! If it wasn't for you LibDems, the GOP would have remained the party of good character and integrity, and this wouldn't be happening!" They say they're not blaming Democrats for everything, but of course they are. It's not dissimilar to bkf's old arguments that the Democrats were to blame for Trump's election because they supported perverts using women's restrooms and gay marriage and all that icky stuff, and so all Real Americans had no choice but to vote for Dear Leader.

Last edited:
Back