• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The religious right's hypocrisy now on full display

Men have needs, you know. It’s not like he had a consensual loving relationship with another man like some sicko!

The "religious" right's entire social platform can be reduced to their belief that heterosexual white males deserve a privileged position in society and are the only ones allowed to initiate or enjoy sex.

Anyone that questions or attacks that view is worse than Satan. Viewed through that lens the reactions to Moore make perfect sense.

Last edited:

I wouldn't worry. I'm sure the next time we have a LibDem President, the views of religious fundamentalists on political and religious immorality will undergo another shift, and they'll be back to talking about how "dignity", "respect for the office", and "high moral standards" are suddenly important to them again in a US President. And, we'll hear about how the LibDem President lacks those traits, and how upset they are about it.

It's almost as if "evangelical" is no longer a religious term. Instead, it's a political term for people who use religion to justify their conservative political beliefs.

Last edited:
This is a typical RJ error, but man this sentence really needs a verb. I want to know what happens in the woods.

I added LET...A Wake grad should be able to understand the context and discern the logical answer.

Now that BKF is gone, you could become the board's RJ grammar policeman.

a wake grad should be able to proofread his own posts. idiot.

I added LET...A Wake grad should be able to understand the context and discern the logical answer.

Now that BKF is gone, you could become the board's RJ grammar policeman.

RJ, you don't have problems with grammar. Or usage. Your problem is that in like half your posts you forget to include a verb. You obviously have the verb in your head because your sentences otherwise signify, but for some reason you don't write them down. This is perhaps evidence of a learning disability so I'm not saying this to rag on you for it. But Milhouse is right, a little proofreading couldn't hurt.

This could go on the Moore thread, but I'll put it here.

------
We need to talk about the segment of American culture that probably doesn’t think the allegations against Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore are particularly damning, the segment that will blanch at only two accusations in the Washington Post expose: He pursued a 14-year-old-girl without first getting her parents’ permission, and he initiated sexual contact outside of marriage. That segment is evangelicalism. In that world, which Moore travels in and I grew up in, 14-year-old girls courting adult men isn’t uncommon.
I use the phrase “14-year-old girls courting adult men,” rather than “adult men courting 14-year-old girls,” for a reason: Evangelicals routinely frame these relationships in those terms. That’s how I was introduced to these relationships as a home-schooled teenager in the 1990s, and it’s the language that my friends and I would use to discuss girls we knew who were in parent-sanctioned relationships with older men.

“Duck Dynasty” star Phil Robertson advocated for adult men to marry 15- and 16-year-old girls and deemed age 20 too old because “you wait until they get to be 20 years old, the only picking that’s going to take place is your pocket.” Home-school leader Kevin Swanson, whose 2015 convention was attended by several Republican presidential candidates, defended Robertson on his radio show after the story broke. Advocating for child marriage hasn’t slowed down Robertson’s career. He just got a new show on the conservative digital network CRTV.
As a teenager, I attended a lecture on courtship by a home-school speaker who was popular at the time. He praised the idea of “early courtship” so the girl could be molded into the best possible helpmeet for her future husband. The girl’s father was expected to direct her education after the courtship began so she could help her future husband in his work.
In retrospect, I understand what the speaker was really describing: Adult men selecting and grooming girls who were too young to have life experience. Another word for that is “predation.”
Much of the sexual abuse that takes place in Independent Fundamentalist Baptist, or IFB, churches involves adult men targeting 14- to 16-year-old girls. If caught, the teenage victim may be forced to repent the “sin” of having seduced an adult man. Former IFB megachurch pastor Jack Schaap argued that he should be released from prison after being convicted of molesting a 16-year-old girl, asserting that the “aggressiveness” of his victim “inhibited [his] impulse control.” In the wake of the Schaap case, numerous other stories emerged of sexual abuse cover-ups involving teenage girls at IFB churches. In another high-profile case, pregnant 15-year-old Tina Anderson, who was raped by a church deacon twice her age, was forced to confess her “sin” to the congregation.

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-e...moore-evangelical-culture-20171110-story.html

RJ, you don't have problems with grammar. Or usage. Your problem is that in like half your posts you forget to include a verb. You obviously have the verb in your head because your sentences otherwise signify, but for some reason you don't write them down. This is perhaps evidence of a learning disability so I'm not saying this to rag on you for it. But Milhouse is right, a little proofreading couldn't hurt.

There is NO call for such a comment you motherfucking ASSHOLE!

That is so far over the line that anyone with a shred of class, manners of humanity would never think of posting such a thing publicly.

How FUCKING DARE YOU!!!!

Last edited:
RJ, you don't have problems with grammar. Or usage. Your problem is that in like half your posts you forget to include a verb."

Besides making a classless, gutless, baseless assertion, wakephan09 is also a lazy, lying, lemming who likes to promote false BULLSHIT.

I just went through all my posts on the following threads:

This one
Bullshit Trump says
Judge Moore
Tax Reform

I fully understand they may only be partially representative of my posts. Here are the results:

Total Posts - 73
Doubled a verb - 1
Dropped a verb - 1
No problems with verbs - 71

Could I have missed a couple in this sample? It's possible, but not enough to make a dent.

Without question, from time to time, I make typing mistakes. Most of the time, I make fun of myself for doing so.

I also would bet that I do it more than the 1.3% of the time that I did in this sample. But to say "in like half of your posts" is the height of following a BS crowd. It's lazy and completely dishonest.

BTW, you may find some old examples of this in threads where BKF is posting or bringing it up. They were 100% intentional just to piss him off.

What 09 did was full of shit, unconscionable and 1000% without any merit whatsoever.

Last edited:
pretty classic to dump the quote closing code to make the post incomprehensible

Last edited:
I have dyslexia. It's nothing to be ashamed of. It's a big reason why there are so many typos in my posts, dyslexia makes you prone to typos and leaving out words and then it makes it hard to see the typos when you proof read.

Back