• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The religious right's hypocrisy now on full display

Franklin Graham, as always, is the fucking worst.

I’m sure Trump will be there first and convince Lindsey he’s in the right place.

My guess is that God's question would be more along the lines of "why were you such a spineless power-hungry spud and loathsome little toady for most of your adult life, Lindsey?" Followed by the floor opening with a special ramp straight to hell. Of course, even in Hades he'll inevitably become a suck-up to Satan.

...he’s well suited to go ‘round in hell spoutin’ ‘bout tha virtues of tha place.

No shame at all.

[h=1]I Questioned the Sincerity of Donald Trump's Pro-Life Stance. The Response From My Fellow Evangelicals Was Troubling[/h]
https://time.com/5783257/donald-trump-pro-life-evangelical-voters/

Like millions of other Americans, I grew up in the evangelical Christian subculture. We were taught that if we took a stand for what we believe, we would face opposition. Our pastors and leaders told us that nonbelievers in the world would mistreat us, insult us and even persecute us. Never would I have thought that what they warned us about wouldn’t actually be coming from the outside but from within.
Here is just a sampling of the messages I’ve received:
Daniel wrote, “Get struck down by God, you pile of sh*t.”
A man from Fort Lauderdale, Fla., did not leave his name but left a voicemail in which, after extolling the virtues of President Trump, he told me, “Enjoy hell, b*tch.”

Sarah Jane repeatedly called me a “dumb f***.” She said I am a “demon rat,” a “worker of iniquity” and an “instrument of Satan” who wants to “destroy America.”
Many of those who lambasted me emailed my church calling for me to be fired. The phrase “wolf in sheep’s clothing” has been used dozens of times. My church’s rating on Facebook fell from five stars to three and half because of all the negative reviews written by Trump supporters who have never visited one of our worship gatherings.

Meh. I think most reasonable people would have expected exactly the response he describes, from within. He is part of a cult. That’s what happens when you associate with crazy people who take pride in their ignorance and xenophobia.

The idea of “we” vs “they” is an entrenched part of conservative Christian culture. Fist hand in glove with Trumpublicanism.

[h=1]I Questioned the Sincerity of Donald Trump's Pro-Life Stance. The Response From My Fellow Evangelicals Was Troubling[/h]
https://time.com/5783257/donald-trump-pro-life-evangelical-voters/

One of the things that was frequently emphasized in the rural Southern Baptist churches I grew up in were the coming of the Rapture and "End Times" (and it was always preached as something that was going to happen soon, so you better get right with God and Jesus!) and the subsequent Rise of the Anti-Christ and how "unbelievers" would be conned into blindly and stubbornly following him to their doom. One of the real ironies of modern Evangelical Christianity is that, as it turns out, they are the ones who have been conned to enthusiastically join a Cult of Personality and blindly follow their new Messiah to no good end. They have become the very thing they claim to fear and have been preaching against for generations. And it has all been done with very little resistance, second-guessing, or soul-searching on their part. #MAGA!

Meh. I think most reasonable people would have expected exactly the response he describes, from within. He is part of a cult. That’s what happens when you associate with crazy people who take pride in their ignorance and xenophobia.

You're missing his point. Maybe he is too. He's realizing the depth of trumpism and what it is doing to his faith and how the faith of so many has been corrupted by blindly following rather than leading.

Back