• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The religious right's hypocrisy now on full display

We live in fucking crazy town, I don't know when the full transition happened, but we are, despite every opportunity presented to us, one of the dumbest societies on Earth.

Wat8.jpg

Almost funny to imagine some people will read that poppycock from Vitale and nod approvingly. "Yeah, that makes sense. What a good Christian man"!

Almost.

I believe we have achieved peak "Doubling-Down"

Indeed. The notion that Jesus will return someday to Rapture people like Falwell and his ilk up into heaven, while far more decent and moral human beings are left behind to suffer, is one of the biggest religious cons going. Anyone who defends this guy or his university is a gullible rube, period. And to anyone who wishes to argue with that, you can start by defending his tweet above. He's just a vile human being and a religious charlatan of the highest order.

Julie has some good stuff up on Twitter. We've been Facebook friends for years and real life friends since before Wake. It's funny to see her tweet up on the boards.

Indeed. The notion that Jesus will return someday to Rapture people like Falwell and his ilk up into heaven, while far more decent and moral human beings are left behind to suffer, is one of the biggest religious cons going. Anyone who defends this guy or his university is a gullible rube, period. And to anyone who wishes to argue with that, you can start by defending his tweet above. He's just a vile human being and a religious charlatan of the highest order.

They have a really great ice hockey facility at Liberty, and nice student facilities as far as I could see. That is as far as I will go to say anything positive about Liberty or Falwell.

In 2016, if I recall correctly, I remember seeing a picture of Falwell, his wife, and Trump taken in Trump's NYC business office. On the wall behind them were framed magazine covers that featured Trump, and one of the most prominent was a Playboy cover. I remember thinking what a hypocrite Falwell was for supporting a guy like this (all three of them were giving a thumbs up), and at the time I thought it symbolized the hypocrisy of Evangelicals who were using Trump for judges or other ends. After all that I've read about Falwell in the years since, I now realize that Falwell posing in Trump's office next to a Playboy cover wasn't mere hypocrisy, but was in fact perfect for him. There really is very little difference between Trump and Falwell in terms of their morals, ethics, and character. No wonder they get along so well.

They’re both grifters who took over the family business.

They have a really great ice hockey facility at Liberty, and nice student facilities as far as I could see. That is as far as I will go to say anything positive about Liberty or Falwell.

I was on the campus in 2002, and they had one nice building, and a bunch of dorms that looked like prisons-a bunch of rectangles labelled "Men 16", "Women 22" etc.

The Falwell's are all grifters and pieces of shit. Maybe the younger brother is less so because jr pushed him out of the university and "gave" him thomas rd baptist church where it all began.

Having said that, they have been building building building on the backs of "the faithful" while expanding their size and o line study presence. Grifters gonna grift.

I was on the campus in 2002, and they had one nice building, and a bunch of dorms that looked like prisons-a bunch of rectangles labelled "Men 16", "Women 22" etc.

Ice rink was built in 2006. Can't speak to the dorms, but the student center has a good looking gym/climbing wall. They just recently redid the football stadium too. I'm sure that they have significantly increased tuition over the past 20 years to cover these improvements.

The left semi-rehabbing Falwell Sr-even if it was mostly to compare Falwell Jr negatively to him-has been very strange. Falwell Sr was the one who said that 9/11 was Gods revenge on the gays and feminists. At least he seemed to sincerely believe what he said?

Who is rehabbing Falwell Sr?

Back