• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The religious right's hypocrisy now on full display

you spent actual time putting together that post?

e31.jpg

Woodrow Wilson had a learned disability. He has believed in eugenics, but I haven't seen any research suggesting the two are related.

i mean, you quoted him but fucked up the quoting code so it's very difficult to tell what was quoted and what was not

Hm, I seem to have struck a nerve with RJ. Like birdman notes in his post, having a learning disability is absolutely nothing to be ashamed of, nor is it a reflection of person's intelligence or worth. As a society we tend to shame sufferers of invisible disabilities into silence. Not everyone, myself included, feels comfortable sharing, so if I have outed you here I apologize. Keep in mind though, I have no idea who you are in real life; for more than a decade I've known you only through your posts.

At the same time, however, I work with students with undiagnosed learning disabilities every day. They are often a source of frustration in their lives because they have interesting and complex ideas that they struggle to express cogently. On a message board like these one, we must necessarily articulate our ideas entirely in writing: things like grammar and spelling and word choice do indeed matter a great deal if we want to understand each other. For someone like you, RJ, that tends to get so very internet angry when you feel you're not being properly understood, perhaps you could spend a bit more time looking over your posts. "Preview post" is a great tool.

I think I can speak for most of us when I say that we value your ideas and your contributions to this board. But a little self-awareness would really cut down the amount of bullshit you deal with here.

Typical, you are wrong and can't admit it. The self-awareness is on your end. The "nerve" you hit was your acting like a condescending asshole again. Even now, you say "if I outed you" and blaming your boorish, inaccurate post on me.

You completely neglect the fact that your basic premise about the level of my non-proofreading mistakes is off by a factor of more than 2000%. Even at my worst, I would guess I ever came close to making mistakes in 10% of my posts. If I topped 5% at my worst, I'd be surprised. The difference between my mistakes and the ones others make is who I am.

For two decades, I have been completely "aware" of my position on the boards. I accept entirely "the amount of bullshit" I have gotten and will get. What causes much of it is when I call posts like yours on the carpet. The lack of self-awareness is on your part for not simply saying you were wrong and then blaming me for your actions.

Last edited:
i mean, you quoted him but fucked up the quoting code so it's very difficult to tell what was quoted and what was not

That would be mistake for not end it with quotes, but it was pretty clear. He said about half my posts had mistakes as he described (i.e. dropped words). I showed rather than 50%. It was approximately 1.3%. But in his world 1.3% is in the margin of error of stating 50%.

Are we allowed to make jokes that those posts are so juvenile that Roy Moore wants to date them etc etc?

I saw a picture of Roy waiting in a maternity ward.

This is like how bkf couldn’t prove he didn’t murder his father in law, RJ can’t provide proof he doesn’t have a learning disability. The only proof provider has been birdman’s stat credentials.

[COLOR="#FF0[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][QUOTE="RJKarl, post: 2985544, member: 158"]Wrong again. That part of the quote was all that the response required. It was all that was germane.[/QUOTE]

Typical, you are wrong and can't admit it. The lack of self-awareness is on your end. The "nerve" you hit was your acting like a condescending asshole again. Even now, you say "if I outed you" and blaming (blame) your boorish, inaccurate post on me.

You completely neglect the fact that your basic premise about the level of my non-proofreading mistakes is off by a factor of more than 2000%. Even at my worst, I would guess I ever (never) came close to making mistakes in 10% of my posts. If I topped 5% at my worst, I'd be surprised. The difference between my mistakes and the ones others make is who I am.

For two decades, I have been completely "aware" of my position on the boards. I accept entirely "the amount of bullshit" I have gotten and will get. What causes much of it is when I call posts like yours on the carpet. The lack of self-awareness is on your part for not simply saying you were wrong and then blaming me for your actions.

That would be my mistake for not ending it with quotes, but it was pretty clear. He said about half my posts had mistakes as he described (i.e. dropped words). I showed rather than 50%. It was approximately 1.3%. But in his world 1.3% is in the margin of error of stating 50%.

I saw a picture of Roy waiting in a maternity ward.

He should LET his daughter go into the woods with Moore.

I added LET...A Wake grad should be able to understand the context and discern the logical answer.

Now that BKF is gone, you could become the board's RJ grammar policeman.

There is NO call for such a comment you motherfucking ASSHOLE!

That is so far over the line that anyone with a shred of class, manners of (or) humanity would never think of posting such a thing publicly.

How FUCKING DARE YOU!!!!

RJ, you don't have problems with grammar. Or usage. Your problem is that in like half your posts you forget to include a verb."

Besides making a classless, gutless, baseless assertion, wakephan09 is also a lazy, lying, lemming who likes to promote false BULLSHIT.

I just went through all my posts on the following threads:

This one
Bullshit Trump says
Judge Moore
Tax Reform

I fully understand they may only be partially representative of my posts. Here are the results:

Total Posts - 73
Doubled a verb - 1
Dropped a verb - 1
No problems with verbs - 71

Could I have missed a couple in this sample? It's possible, but not enough to make a dent.

Without question, from time to time, I make typing mistakes. Most of the time, I make fun of myself for doing so.

I also would bet that I do it more than the 1.3% of the time that I did in this sample. But to say "in like half of your posts" is the height of following a BS crowd. It's lazy and completely dishonest.

BTW, you may find some old examples of this in threads where BKF is posting or bringing it up. They were 100% intentional just to piss him off.

What 09 did was full of shit, unconscionable and 1000% without any merit whatsoever.

Small sample size but five out of your last eight posts either left out a word or used the wrong word among numerous other grammar mistakes (many left uncorrectrd above) that make your posts hard to understand.

Christians: Our silence on Roy Moore isn’t enough

"Mainstream Muslims have been hearing for years that they must repudiate the hateful fringe perverting their religion; surely the same applies to us Christians. Stirring up hatred for gays, liberals, Muslims and other supposed infidels, Moore bears a familial resemblance — the nonviolent side of the family — to the jihadists of the Islamic State. He brandishes a revolver instead of a broadsword, but he shares their delight in condemnation, division and (evidently) fantasies of virgins."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...-card-a:homepage/story&utm_term=.a9a43c886d5f

Back