• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The religious right's hypocrisy now on full display

Ph, are those really legitimate statistical samples? I'm all in on masks, but this is dubious social science.

BKF’s mask is starting to come off right on schedule.

I'll bet you any amount that I'm not BKF. Will literally show up at your house. 50K on the table now vs. your perma ban.

Last edited:
I'll bet you any amount that I'm not BKF. Will literally show up at your house. 50K on the table now.

How do you even know who BKF is?

You make bets like BKF.

The Religious Right is slowly killing Christianity in this country. When they hitched their wagon to the GOP starting in the 1980s, it brought short-term gains (and lots of power and influence and prominence for preachers and televangelists like Pat Robertson and Jerry Falwell, and Evangelical political gurus like Ralph Reed), at the long-term cost of hypocrisy and corruption and greed and an eventual decline in membership. It's less of a religious movement now than a political one.

Last edited:
It speaks volumes that a few of the women in that story wanted to remain anonymous, even women who weren't rape victims or family members of rape victims. They know how dangerous white evangelical Trump culture is.

Apparently Little Falwell had some good, clean fun on his boat recently. Nice to see a Man of God upholding traditional family values! I wonder what his Liberty U. would have said to one of its students, faculty, or staff who attended such a party.

EehCBK8U0AAb8zp

Last edited:
Is the redhead his wife? It kind of looks like her but with red hair.

I actually came here now to post that piece...it's worth reading IMO.

There are many quotes from people that are good distillations of the phenomenon of evangelical Christian Trump support. One of the best is especially or doubly integral to understanding southern evangelical is this one...emphasis added.

Explained Jason Mulder, who runs a small design company in Sioux Center: “I feel like on the coasts, in some of the cities and stuff, they look down on us in rural America. You know, we are a bunch of hicks, and don’t know anything. They don’t understand us the same way we don’t understand them. So we don’t want them telling us how to live our lives.”

He added: “You joke that we don’t get it, well, you don’t get it either. We are not speaking the same language.”

So it's all about power, to support a religion based on the teachings of a man who challenged the powers-that-be and warned that power corrupts. Seems like they haven't learned the teachings and heeded the warnings of Jesus very well, and what they're really after is the power to force others to bend to their will and moral dictates. Kind of like, I don't know, the Pharisees. In the end this isn't about "saving" Christianity (and not all Christians are Evangelical fundamentalists), it's about saving the dominance of their cultural and social beliefs over everyone else.

I actually came here now to post that piece...it's worth reading IMO.

There are many quotes from people that are good distillations of the phenomenon of evangelical Christian Trump support. One of the best is especially or doubly integral to understanding southern evangelical is this one...emphasis added.

And yet they don't have any problems with telling everyone else - including those dreaded coastal cities - how to live their lives. It's a two-way street, but they don't seem to care about that.

The essence is a "we" vs. "they" mentality. And a fear of the other. Easily exploited by shitty politicians that care mainly about their own damned power.

And that's not unique to these "hicks".

Jesus is still weeping, no doubt.

Coastal elites don’t understand us and think we are dumb hicks but we really aren’t, proceed to do dumb as shit things to reinforce that actually is who they are.

Back