• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The religious right's hypocrisy now on full display

it's too bad because I'm all about fucking who and how you want to fuck as long as everyone involved is on board with it

it's too bad because I'm all about fucking who and how you want to fuck as long as everyone involved is on board with it

Yeah, the irony is that it's not the "sin" so much that ruined them, it's the hypocrisy of both of them condemning others for similar behavior, and for strictly forbidding such activities at Liberty U, while privately indulging themselves. I doubt this story would be nearly as big if it didn't involve one of the leading Evangelical couples around.

Last edited:
Yeah, the irony is that it's not the "sin" so much that ruined them, it's the hypocrisy of both of them condemning others for similar behavior, and for strictly forbidding such activities at Liberty U, while privately indulging themselves. I doubt this story would be nearly as big if it didn't involve one of the leading Evangelical couples around.

No doubt. Evangelical sex scandals are a dime a dozen. This registers because the Falwell family is so linked to politics and higher education particularly online education and college sports.

Gotta be a lot of tension in that house right now after he threw her under the buss for activities they were both in on.

Gotta be a lot of tension in that house right now after he threw her under the buss for activities they were both in on.

Pretty sure she submits to her husband and such. Women who are a part of those circles know how to protect power.

Normally. Even so if you gotta talk to your parents, kids, extended family, friends and take the blame for cheating its gonna be a tough stretch.

Seems like he would have been better off as Larry Flynt Jr vs Jerry Falwell Jr.

Doesn't this story kind of suggest the opposite...

That is a good question. What is the psychology behind watching your wife fuck or get fucked by another guy? Is he dominating her by making her fuck this other guy? Or is he dominated and being forced to watch her get laid by a real man? I’ve never understood the cuck trend.

So Falwell apparently resigned, withdrew his resignation when the media heard about it, then told the Wall Street Journal late last night that he had decided to resign after all, although he made a point of noting that the Trustees had "violated his contract" by putting him on leave and that they owed him his money if they let him go for good, then seemed to go back on his admission to the Journal by telling NPR and other media outlets early today that he was still in talks with Liberty U trustees, and then finally this afternoon confirmed that he had tendered his resignation and was going to step down for good as Liberty U. President.

He also denied that he had violated the school's honor code or strict prohibitions against sexual activity in any way, and blamed his wife for the resignation - "“That’s the only reason I resigned: because I don’t want something my wife did to harm the school I’ve spent my whole life building...I never broke a single rule that applies to staff members at Liberty, which I was. So I want everybody to know that." He also claimed he was leaving because his time at Liberty was complete - "I'm leaving because I think I've done all I can do. It's better to leave at the top", and quoted MLK by saying he felt "free at last, free at last. Thank God Almighty, I'm free at last!" He also told the Wall Street Journal that he felt treated badly by the Liberty U Trustees because they "put me on leave for showing my belly in a picture", that the Trustees were caving to pressure from "self-righteous people", and that they owed him his money (which has been estimated as much as $10 million.)

Falwell's wife Becki told reporters in an audio interview today that she and her husband "are more in love than ever" (the article states that Jerry was "audibly tearful" in the interview.) Becki Falwell also complained that they are being unfairly judged - “We have the strongest relationship, and Jerry is the most forgiving person I’ve ever met...It’s a shame that Christians can’t give us the same forgiveness that Christ gave us.” Looks like they're going the Jimmy Swaggart route and claiming that Christ has already forgiven them. Maybe so, but I doubt that most people (including a good many Liberty U employees and students) will forgive him anytime soon. Nor should they.

Link: https://www.wsls.com/news/national/2020/08/25/falwell-says-hes-resigned-from-liberty-university/

Link: https://www.wsls.com/news/national/2020/08/25/falwell-says-hes-resigned-from-liberty-university/

The former pool boy, Giancarlo Granda, released a statement tonight accusing both Falwells of lying and trying to discredit him. The most interesting parts of his statement are that he called Jerry Falwell a "predator", said that he did not seduce Falwell's wife, but that she invited him to her hotel room to begin their affair, and that Little Falwell recently sent him a picture of a Liberty University coed exposing herself to Jerry at their farm. My guess is that there are plenty more stories waiting to be released about Jerry and Becki's activities with Liberty U students, among others.

Link: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EgTqsAvXoAE1zVo.jpg

Last edited:
I’m not sure I could function sexually with Falwell leering over my shoulder. Cabana boy earned that money.

The Rasputin school of theology: the greatest gift that God can give is the forgiveness of sins. Therefore, the more we sin, the more God can forgive and demonstrate His greatness. Simple, really.

Back