• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The religious right's hypocrisy now on full display

Right. Romans 8:17 is the Joint Heirs verse. Seems like Joint Heirs Romans 8:17 is the group who made the billboard.

When was the last time Trump set foot in a church? When was the last time he opened a Bible? We know he stood outside of one and held up a Bible last year, but that's all I've got.

When was the last time Trump set foot in a church? When was the last time he opened a Bible? We know he stood outside of one and held up a Bible last year, but that's all I've got.

Counterpoint:

K9Z3Ijz.png

He made a campaign stop in October 2020 @ The International Church of Las Vegas. Dropped a few $20's in the offering bucket.

Longer version shows how bored he was

If the offering plate goes missing, I have a suspect.

SZOTJtl.png

We know the prick showed up via video at the Moonie's cult church this past weekend. Avid churchgoer, this guy.

We really need to start taxing churches. It's one of the dumbest things about our country that we don't.

We know the prick showed up via video at the Moonie's cult church this past weekend. Avid churchgoer, this guy.

We really need to start taxing churches. It's one of the dumbest things about our country that we don't.

What taxes are you advocating for? Property taxes? Taxes on received donations?

I could on board with property taxes, but I think the bigger issue is the lack of oversight and monitoring. I believe that if you want to be tax exempt you should have to submit the equivalent of a 990 as a church.

Churches that advocate for a political candidate should lose all tax free advantages.

Property Tax
Income Tax
Sales Tax
Income tax for side business that they claim are related to the church
Self employed contribution act taxes

So, basically, all the taxes. If Osteen really wants to do God's work, he and his church can start forking over the cash.

I know it won't happen, but even so there's no excuse for any church that participates in a political campaign to keep its exemption.

Also, agreed on the lack of oversight. Every church should be required to report financial info to the IRS.

Back