Page 8 of 80 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131858 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 160 of 1585

Thread: The religious right's hypocrisy now on full display

  1. #141
    Never Murdered My FIL
    Deacfreak07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    65,763
    Quote Originally Posted by TownieDeac View Post
    "One thing you still lack; sell all that you possess and distribute it to the top .1%, and you shall have treasure in heaven; and come, follow Trump."
    The Art of the Deal 3:24

  2. #142
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    The Art of the Deal 3:24
    Someone should definitely divide it up into chapters and verses.

  3. #143
    The evangelicals are going to be surprised when giving falls off a cliff next year

  4. #144

  5. #145
    Never Murdered My FIL
    Deacfreak07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    65,763
    Quote Originally Posted by WFFaithful View Post
    The evangelicals are going to be surprised when giving falls off a cliff next year
    Probably not. It will probably fall off for charitable organizations, but probably not for churches so much. Plus all the evangelical leaders will make more money selling books and DVDs to the rubes. The tax cut will be good for that racket.

  6. #146
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post

  7. #147
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,875
    I’m pretty sure at sometime Someone important commanded that we shouldn’t do that. In fact, I’m sure it was part of a list of commandments that said we shouldn’t even want to do that.

  8. #148
    Never Murdered My FIL
    Deacfreak07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    65,763
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    I’m pretty sure at sometime Someone important commanded that we shouldn’t do that. In fact, I’m sure it was part of a list of commandments that said we shouldn’t even want to do that.
    Only because Moses wasn’t a very good deal maker. Trump would have gotten a much better deal on Sinai. Just ask him.

  9. #149
    THE quintessential dwarf dartsndeacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    paradise
    Posts
    46,181
    This is why harping on Russia was a terrible idea. He could easily be impeached for violating bro code. Now it'll be drowned away in noise.
    just drivin' round in John Voight's car

  10. #150
    Historically Competitive
    Wrangor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Mississippi Delta
    Posts
    12,429
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    Only because Moses wasn’t a very good deal maker. Trump would have gotten a much better deal on Sinai. Just ask him.

  11. #151
    Moses was a horrible deal maker. He did all of the work and Aaron got all of the glory.

  12. #152
    Never Murdered My FIL
    Deacfreak07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    65,763
    Now I actually want someone to ask Trump if he could have gotten a better deal on the 10 Commandments, because you know he can't tactfully answer that question.

  13. #153
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,875
    Quote Originally Posted by bym051d View Post
    Moses was a horrible deal maker. He did all of the work and Aaron got all of the glory.
    No. Moses negotiated to get Aaron as his press secretary. Good deal.

  14. #154
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    45,931
    couldn't even get into the promised land. sad !

  15. #155
    A snake oil salesmen surrounded by other snake oil salesmen. Shocking.

    "Right now I want you to click on that button, and I want you to honor God with his first fruits offering,” she said in a video shared to her website, in which she encourages her followers to donate to her ministries to get blessings from God.

    Keep Up With This Story And More By Subscribing Now

    “If God doesn’t divinely step in and intervene, I don’t know what you’re going to face—he does,” she said.


    Explaining the principle of the donations, the Pentecostal televangelist, who has recently spoken out in defense of Trump’s mental health following claims in a tell-all book that the president is unwell, suggested that people would reap rewards after donating to her.

    “January is the beginning of a new year for us in the Western world. Let us give to God what belongs to him: the first hours of our day, the first month of the year, the first of our increase, the first in every area of our life. It’s devoted.... The principle of first fruits is that when you give God the first, he governs the rest and redeems in,” she said.



  16. #156
    Reminds me of the John Oliver televangelist church

  17. #157
    Banhammer'd
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    78,116

  18. #158
    Haha, her "donation-for-salvation" scheme is not dissimilar to the medieval policy on indulgences which might very well have been the primary justification for the reformation. However medieval rubes > modern American rubes, so I doubt we'll see too much pushback

  19. #159

  20. #160
    Quote Originally Posted by Newenglanddeac View Post
    I really hope this one is a Shane Harris story.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •