• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The religious right's hypocrisy now on full display

“I believe a woman’s best place is in the kitchen and on her back. That’s my personal belief.” Oh, my, yes, that's really showing traditional moral values respect for women right there! They're only useful when they're in the kitchen and getting laid, but if they have sex outside of marriage they're no longer "pure and respectful" (by which he means obedient and subservient), but just whores that need to be hanged. What a charmer he must be! Family values FTW!

The most outspoken faux confident people tend to be the biggest hypocrites. See also: Fallwell Jr.

100% chance this guy has cheated on every woman he’s ever been with.

The Evangelical, the ‘Pool Boy,’ the Comedian and Michael Cohen

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/18/...tion=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

A good article, but I don't think it does more than touch the surface of just how corrupt and privately decadent the Falwells are. I don't believe for a minute that the hanky-panky with the pool boy involved just the pool boy having some "compromising" pictures of Falwell and his wife. My take on the Falwells is that Falwell, Sr. was a true believer to some extent - he was in love with money and power and material things, but I do think he really believed, or at least convinced himself, that a good deal of what he preached and said was true, or righteous, or whatever. He was still a bad guy, but a believer in his cause. I don't think Falwell, Jr. goes even that far. He's a total charlatan who privately holds in contempt his own religion's teachings, and sees Christianity as simply a way to get rich and obtain power and influence. My guess is that his private life is as perverted as they come, and he doesn't care about it except in getting caught and having it publicized, which in this case it almost did - and still might if those pictures ever hit social media.

That’s a crazy article. Falwell Jr is one sketchy and corrupt dude. Holy wow

Falwell, Sr. was also a racist.

Oh, yeah. I don't think he was a good guy at all, just that I think he was more of a true believer than his son. He was also best buds with Jesse Helms (who would visit his church in Lynchburg and sit next to him in the pulpit), and he despised gays. He was a pompous but dangerous force for three decades, and he was one of the initial leaders in the Religious Right's movement to take over the GOP. I just think the difference between father and son is that Falwell, Jr. is even worse than his father, if possible.

Last edited:
"I'm not a minister, so these moral and ethical standards don't apply to me, but I'm proud to be a conservative Christian."

"I'm not a minister, so these moral and ethical standards don't apply to me, but I'm proud to be a conservative Christian."

Honestly, that phrase could easily be used as the slogan for the entire Religious Right movement right now - including most of the ministers.

It's almost as if, whenever someone says they're a "conservative Christian", the emphasis is now placed almost entirely on the first word, and less and less on the second.

Because they think conservative and Christian are basically the same thing.

Another reason conservatives should be mad as hell and not the lickspittles they have become.

Back