• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The religious right's hypocrisy now on full display

Ok so clearly Graham and Fallwell and that dickhead with 4 private jets are simply trying to fund raise off of this bullshit “day of prayer for trump.” By the way, as a Christian, is feels so disgusting typing the quoted.

Anyway, hypocrisy aside, I get it. I get they’re using him to make money. Conmen.

What I don’t for the life of me understand is how conservative laypeople buy this false bill of goods. National day of prayer for trump because he is being attacked? Really? Where was this bullshit when Obama, by all accounts a good Christian man, was being attacked by Fox News and Mitch McConell? I mean I get why, it’s just totally disingenuous and hilarious right wingers fall for the insincerity.

Obama a Christian. Lol. That's your first mistake. I heard from a pulpit that if Obama were elected (2008), he'd replace the US flag over the White House with the Muslim flag.

The power of the conservative media machine is unmatched.

Obama a Christian. Lol. That's your first mistake. I heard from a pulpit that if Obama were elected (2008), he'd replace the US flag over the White House with the Muslim flag.

Yes, but remember he also sat in a pew at Rev. Wright’s church for years and not only heard, but took to heart every hateful word he said.

Yes, but remember he also sat in a pew at Rev. Wright’s church for years and not only heard, but took to heart every hateful word he said.

That's how he hid that he was a secret Muslim.

But it's a good thing he was elected because that means racism is over.

Ok so clearly Graham and Fallwell and that dickhead with 4 private jets are simply trying to fund raise off of this bullshit “day of prayer for trump.” By the way, as a Christian, is feels so disgusting typing the quoted.

Anyway, hypocrisy aside, I get it. I get they’re using him to make money. Conmen.

What I don’t for the life of me understand is how conservative laypeople buy this false bill of goods. National day of prayer for trump because he is being attacked? Really? Where was this bullshit when Obama, by all accounts a good Christian man, was being attacked by Fox News and Mitch McConell? I mean I get why, it’s just totally disingenuous and hilarious right wingers fall for the insincerity.

Nice way of saying lies.

Hahaha. Yeah, I remember laughing audibly in my in-laws church at about that time when their preacher, not as the man crux of his sermon but rather just as an aside, said "and I'm not sure, but I believe that there Barack Obama just might be the antichrist."

I miss that dude. He was one of those stand up there and let the will of God take him type preachers, and his dayjob was as the weigh attendant at the county dump, which led to the single greatest religious teaching I've ever heard, as he explains, "sometimes, when I'm working at the dump, and the women drive up and show me their boobies, and I look, but don't act, so therefore it's not a sin". I always feel like I'm in a Flannery o' Conner short story in that place.

Hahaha. Yeah, I remember laughing audibly in my in-laws church at about that time when their preacher, not as the man crux of his sermon but rather just as an aside, said "and I'm not sure, but I believe that there Barack Obama just might be the antichrist."

I miss that dude. He was one of those stand up there and let the will of God take him type preachers, and his dayjob was as the weigh attendant at the county dump, which led to the single greatest religious teaching I've ever heard, as he explains, "sometimes, when I'm working at the dump, and the women drive up and show me their boobies, and I look, but don't act, so therefore it's not a sin". I always feel like I'm in a Flannery o' Conner short story in that place.

160809103644-many-people-are-saying-trump-twitter-illustration-mullery-super-169.jpg

We received an email from an old acquaintance containing the following video:

Along with this message:

My hope and prayer is that the Republicans retake the House in 2020 and
reinstate the oath, ???One Nation Under God??? and ???So help me God???.
??
May God Bless America!

All I can say is .... INCREDIBLE!!!???? How in the world have we come to
this point???

--------------

jesus_facepalm.jpg

We received an email from an old acquaintance containing the following video:

Along with this message:

My hope and prayer is that the Republicans retake the House in 2020 and
reinstate the oath, ???One Nation Under God??? and ???So help me God???.
??
May God Bless America!

All I can say is .... INCREDIBLE!!!???? How in the world have we come to
this point???

--------------

jesus_facepalm.jpg

More and more I think we've always been at this point. Some % of the population has always been ignorant (willfully or otherwise), prejudiced, or plain unintelligent. The rise of social media has just brought it to light.

More and more I think we've always been at this point. Some % of the population has always been ignorant (willfully or otherwise), prejudiced, or plain unintelligent. The rise of social media has just brought it to light.

Hoosier, you'd better watch out...such language can you get an infraction or banned from this site...

Wasn't really sure where to put this, but since the subject calls himself a "Christian," figured this is as good as any (and keeping it off the sports board).

After years of having to deal with ungrateful football players kneeling, conservatives finally have an athlete of their own to cheer on. Looks like he fits right in with many of their beliefs:

“There are these girls who want to open their legs to every Tom, Dick and Harry. But they are looked upon as rubbish in our community. We don’t do stuff like that. If I had a sister who did that … I’d hang her. She would bring disgrace on the family. It is a very, very bad thing to do. We don’t do that. Women have to be pure and respectful.”
\\

“I believe a woman’s best place is in the kitchen and on her back. That’s my personal belief.”

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...xuality-women-religion-divisive-sporting-star

“There are only three things that need to be accomplished before the devil comes home: one of them is homosexuality being legal in countries, one of them is abortion and the other one’s paedophilia.”

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/boxing/...s-after-latest-homophobic-sexist-and-anti-se/

“It’s like you’re a freak of nature if you’re normal. You’re the odd one out — nobody else. What’s normal? I’ll just get myself changed into a woman. That’s normal, isn’t it? Today call myself Tysina or something like that, put a wig on. I don’t think it’s normal. I think they’re freaks of nature. I think it’ll be perfectly normal in the next 10 years to have sexual relationships with your animals at home — you know, your pets, your cats and dogs and all that — so that will be legal.”

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/15567607/tyson-fury-apologizes-comments-no-way-racist-bigot

Don't worry, Catamount. To protect your sensitive eyes, I cited the original articles these appear in, rather than the Deadspin story I pulled them from.

Wasn't really sure where to put this, but since the subject calls himself a "Christian," figured this is as good as any (and keeping it off the sports board).

After years of having to deal with ungrateful football players kneeling, conservatives finally have an athlete of their own to cheer on. Looks like he fits right in with many of their beliefs:

\\

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...xuality-women-religion-divisive-sporting-star

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/boxing/...s-after-latest-homophobic-sexist-and-anti-se/

https://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/15567607/tyson-fury-apologizes-comments-no-way-racist-bigot

Don't worry, Catamount. To protect your sensitive eyes, I cited the original articles these appear in, rather than the Deadspin story I pulled them from.

In this week’s episode of “Who said it? A Christian Extremist or a Muslim Extremist?”

Back