• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The religious right's hypocrisy now on full display

But is it a revival of interest in Christ and his teachings and sermons, or the creation of a new Cult of Trump? For example, I don't get the sense that Trump or his followers are suddenly more interested in the Sermon on the Mount.

But is it a revival of interest in Christ and his teachings and sermons, or the creation of a new Cult of Trump? For example, I don't get the sense that Trump or his followers are suddenly more interested in the Sermon on the Mount.

No doubt it’s cultish and not Christian.

Teaching high school is super fun in the bible belt already, let me tell ya. I once had to have a meeting with our superintendent, principal, and two different preachers because I had an assignment having students craft their own Faust legends when I taught Puritanism and The Devil and Tom Walker. I was accused of trying to talk students into selling their soul to the devil. They all kinda missed the point of what the whole Faust thing is about, but far be it from me to ever accuse Southern Baptists of lacking reading comprehension or critical thinking skills.

Last edited:
Luckily RJ was able to find a 10-year old YouTube video to help express his feelings on the subject.

Teaching high school is super fun in the bible belt already, let me tell ya. I once had to have a meeting with our superintendent, principal, and two different preachers because I had an assignment having students craft their own Faust legends when I taught Puritanism and The Devil and Tom Walker. I was accused of trying to talk students into selling their soul to the devil. They all kinda missed the point of what the whole Faust thing is about, but far be it from me to ever accuse Southern Baptists of lacking reading comprehension or critical thinking skills.

Reminds me of the old joke that a Methodist is a Baptist who can read.

Last edited:
Back