• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The religious right's hypocrisy now on full display

It’s a spiritual war and God wants Donald Trump to lead you into battle. Yeah. Ok.

It’s a spiritual war and God wants Donald Trump to lead you into battle. Yeah. Ok.

I had this discussion with my mother-in-law the other day(stupid I know). She compared Trump’s transition in the presidency to Saul’s revelation on the road to Damascus and told me that he’s in the Paul phase of his life now. To which I responded “fuck me, that’s stupid” and now it’s gonna be at least a solid month before she cooks collards for me again. So the moral of the story is don’t discuss politics with your mother in law if she’s an amazing cook.

I had this discussion with my mother-in-law the other day(stupid I know). She compared Trump’s transition in the presidency to Saul’s revelation on the road to Damascus and told me that he’s in the Paul phase of his life now. To which I responded “fuck me, that’s stupid” and now it’s gonna be at least a solid month before she cooks collards for me again. So the moral of the story is don’t discuss politics with your mother in law if she’s an amazing cook.

Does the opposite hold true? I'm a far better cook than my mother-in-law, but she won't shut up about OAN talking points.

He’s still Saul. They’re just following him. He’s no different than before.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8745763/911-call-intoxicated-Jerry-Falwell-Jr-s-house-describes-lot-blood.html

It sounds like Falwell Jr lost a spiritual battle against his stairs a few weeks ago after drinking way too much "black water".

Seems like in the 80s/90s it took about 2-3 years for a fallen evangelical star to start making bank on the "Jesus Redeemed Me From My Sins" speaking/TV tour. Now we're in Trump's Internet world, what's the over/under on Jerry Jr. profiting off his own iniquity? 6 months? 3?

Seems like in the 80s/90s it took about 2-3 years for a fallen evangelical star to start making bank on the "Jesus Redeemed Me From My Sins" speaking/TV tour. Now we're in Trump's Internet world, what's the over/under on Jerry Jr. profiting off his own iniquity? 6 months? 3?

Republican and evangelicals are rather naïve these days, too many cherry picking examples to share. I bet if he did a GoFundMe, like the one for the Wall, he would be making bank in the next few months. all he has to do is claim he has been saved!

Republican and evangelicals are rather naïve these days, too many cherry picking examples to share. I bet if he did a GoFundMe, like the one for the Wall, he would be making bank in the next few months. all he has to do is claim he has been saved!

just blame it on the left and he'll be rolling in the dough in no time

jesus_facepalm.jpg

I like this Pope, he acknowledging understands the message of Jesus Christ:

https://www.catholicnewsagency.com/...model-to-rebuild-post-coronavirus-world-35157

In his general audience address in the San Damaso Courtyard, within the Vatican’s apostolic palace, Sept. 30, the pope criticized “trickle-down theory,” which proposes that tax breaks for high-earners will ultimately yield economic benefits for the rest of society.

He said: “And certainly we cannot expect the economic model that underlies unfair and unsustainable development to solve our problems. It has not and will not, because it cannot do so, even though some false prophets continue to promise the ‘trickle-down’ that never comes.”

He added: “You have heard yourselves, the theory of the glass: it is important that the glass is full, and then overflows to the poor and to others, and they receive wealth. But there is a phenomenon: the glass starts to fill up and when it is almost full it grows, it grows and it grows, and never overflows. We must be careful.”

Back