• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The religious right's hypocrisy now on full display

Any Christian defending his tweet today is woefully too far gone.

That's the sickest burn involving the National Cathedral since Jed Bartlet in the West Wing's S2 finale.

And instead of seeing this as Christians worried about the direction of their party, Republicans will circle the wagons and claim bias.

“But abortion !”

What’s really messed up about this, what-should-be-unprecedented-statement, is that evangelicals for trump won’t be affected by it because they’d rather sell their faith and witness out than simply, and I mean simply, say “you know, I really can’t justify this anymore.” Pete’s statement in last night’s debate on republicans was accurate but it can also apply to Christians for trump.

Wrangor, who will you vote for when it’s Trump vs any of the viable Dems?

Agreed. There’s probably more who call it out but not as public. Unfortunately, they’re drowned out by the rabid Jeffries’ of the world.

Agreed. There’s probably more who call it out but not as public. Unfortunately, they’re drowned out by the rabid Jeffries’ of the world.

There are. I know some that are doing so in some congregations located in some pretty rural places that would probably surprise folks here.

That’s a very good article. I’m glad that at least a few ministers are still promoting the gospel and not the cult of Trump.

Agreed. That’s a strong article.

Not sure who said a Pete nomination could be the final event that causes a major schism among white Christians, but the more I think about it, it he was right.

One of the myths of Evangelicals is that the Anti-Christ will fool all non-believers into thinking that he is the new Messiah (or real Messiah), and they will blindly follow him to their doom. Given their blind adoration and cult-like devotion to Trump - who certainly is an "Anti-Christ" in many respects - it appears that Evangelicals are far more likely to fall for an Anti-Christ, and blindly adore and worship him, than non-believers are.

Well that makes sense given that Evangelicals are obviously more likely to blindly believe anything.

“But abortion !”

What’s really messed up about this, what-should-be-unprecedented-statement, is that evangelicals for trump won’t be affected by it because they’d rather sell their faith and witness out than simply, and I mean simply, say “you know, I really can’t justify this anymore.” Pete’s statement in last night’s debate on republicans was accurate but it can also apply to Christians for trump.

Wrangor, who will you vote for when it’s Trump vs any of the viable Dems?

He’s already told us that Joe Biden is the only Dem he’d vote for, and only if he steers clear of Medicare for all.

Back