• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The religious right's hypocrisy now on full display

The evangelicals are going to be surprised when giving falls off a cliff next year

Probably not. It will probably fall off for charitable organizations, but probably not for churches so much. Plus all the evangelical leaders will make more money selling books and DVDs to the rubes. The tax cut will be good for that racket.

I’m pretty sure at sometime Someone important commanded that we shouldn’t do that. In fact, I’m sure it was part of a list of commandments that said we shouldn’t even want to do that.

I’m pretty sure at sometime Someone important commanded that we shouldn’t do that. In fact, I’m sure it was part of a list of commandments that said we shouldn’t even want to do that.

Only because Moses wasn’t a very good deal maker. Trump would have gotten a much better deal on Sinai. Just ask him.

This is why harping on Russia was a terrible idea. He could easily be impeached for violating bro code. Now it'll be drowned away in noise.

Moses was a horrible deal maker. He did all of the work and Aaron got all of the glory.

Now I actually want someone to ask Trump if he could have gotten a better deal on the 10 Commandments, because you know he can't tactfully answer that question.

Moses was a horrible deal maker. He did all of the work and Aaron got all of the glory.

No. Moses negotiated to get Aaron as his press secretary. Good deal.

A snake oil salesmen surrounded by other snake oil salesmen. Shocking.

"Right now I want you to click on that button, and I want you to honor God with his first fruits offering,” she said in a video shared to her website, in which she encourages her followers to donate to her ministries to get blessings from God.

Keep Up With This Story And More By Subscribing Now

“If God doesn’t divinely step in and intervene, I don’t know what you’re going to face—he does,” she said.

Explaining the principle of the donations, the Pentecostal televangelist, who has recently spoken out in defense of Trump’s mental health following claims in a tell-all book that the president is unwell, suggested that people would reap rewards after donating to her.

“January is the beginning of a new year for us in the Western world. Let us give to God what belongs to him: the first hours of our day, the first month of the year, the first of our increase, the first in every area of our life. It’s devoted.... The principle of first fruits is that when you give God the first, he governs the rest and redeems in,” she said.

Haha, her "donation-for-salvation" scheme is not dissimilar to the medieval policy on indulgences which might very well have been the primary justification for the reformation. However medieval rubes > modern American rubes, so I doubt we'll see too much pushback

Back