• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The religious right's hypocrisy now on full display

This post is pretty fucked up

What’s fucked up is telling me that political differences between “cishet whites” are privileged and unimportant, but this board of Wake alums is dead silent. Absolutely supports what I said about him being comfortable here among you good educated whites. Sorry. I hate to show my privilege and consider political issues that you all might not think are very important. I should know my place among the elite.

I don’t know how you can argue that the political grievances of poor white people are being ignored when their concerns dominate political discourse.

But you’ve fooled yourself into thinking they’re concerned with economic issues not drag shows and groomers. We are talking about what concerns them. They want a religious cultural war. They don’t want government involved in their lives.

Note: I’m not talking about every poor white person just the vast majority which has been the case for centuries. Your “class analysis” is too fucking stupid to understand that white people generally choose race over class every damn time.

Last edited:
Ph I feel sorry for you. It’s sad that you carry around that baggage of ugly hateful ignorant elitism.

Ph I feel sorry for you. It’s sad that you carry around that baggage of ugly hateful ignorant elitism.

It’s sad that you’re engaging in name calling rather than discussing why poor white people reject class solidarity in favor of racial solidarity with wealthy white people.

It’s sad that you’re engaging in name calling rather than discussing why poor white people reject class solidarity in favor of racial solidarity with wealthy white people.

When non-voting Black poor don’t vote for Democrats it’s automatically excused as disenfranchisement. When non-voting White poor don’t vote for Democrats it’s automatically assumed they are just racists in absentia. Air tight logic. “Voting against (or not voting for) your own self interest” is truly the rhetorical junk drawer for liberals.

Last edited:
When non-voting Black poor don’t vote for Democrats it’s automatically excused as disenfranchisement. When non-voting White poor don’t vote for Democrats it’s automatically assumed they are just racists in absentia. Air tight logic. “Voting against your own self interest” is truly the rhetorical junk drawer for liberals.

It is fair logic. You just have to exclude the religious factor, which is supposed to be American choice. Currently, it is not.

When non-voting Black poor don’t vote for Democrats it’s automatically excused as disenfranchisement. When non-voting White poor don’t vote for Democrats it’s automatically assumed they are just racists in absentia. Air tight logic. “Voting against (or not voting for) your own self interest” is truly the rhetorical junk drawer for liberals.

Absentia? Non-voting White poor came off the sidelines to vote for Trump.

Even discounting recent trends, history doesn’t back up your point. Black poor people have been disenfranchised by wealthy and powerful white people. White poor people support that disenfranchisement. Do you actually disagree with that?

Absentia? Non-voting White poor came off the sidelines to vote for Trump.

Even discounting recent trends, history doesn’t back up your point. Black poor people have been disenfranchised by wealthy and powerful white people. White poor people support that disenfranchisement. Do you actually disagree with that?

You keep saying this shit without any evidence. I post more data about voter participation by demographics than everyone else here put together, and the data shows that poor people don’t vote. I’ve posted dozens of articles and research to that fact. You ignore everything and maintain your ignorant elitist assumptions.

You keep saying this shit without any evidence. I post more data about voter participation by demographics than everyone else here put together, and the data shows that poor people don’t vote. I’ve posted dozens of articles and research to that fact. You ignore everything and maintain your ignorant elitist assumptions.

If you’ve posted them before, it should be easy to find them and post them again because I don’t remember them.

Of course, I noticed you keep avoiding any discussion of history.

Stopping theocratic fascism is a pretty important important priority, no?

If it were obviously important enough, in the existential sense, then we wouldn’t be at this crisis point. I will admit to being defeatist, with the caveat that there are many ways of being defeatist. IMO, assuming that all non-voting whites are unreachably racist is it’s own form of defeatism.

Of course, I noticed you keep avoiding any discussion of history.

I’m not avoiding it, you conflate historical racist culture and racist voting choices, without ever acknowledging economic and political power. We’ve had this argument. You condemn non voting people as racist for simply living in a poor white Zip-codes, how is that any different than blaming all non-voters for the actions of voters? It’s a lazy, nonsense analysis and you don’t even apply it fairly. If non-voters are tacitly responsible for conservatism in conservative areas then why aren’t they also tacitly responsible for liberalism in liberal areas? It’s nonsense to assign a partisan affiliation to citizens who aren’t voting, and poor people don’t vote.

Last edited:
I am calling for a total and complete shutdown of the Republican Party in the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what the hell is going on.

ed80fb4e45a3da77191031f195f60fb4.jpg

Back