• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FBI uncovered Russia bribery plot before Obama approved russian uranium deal

Is this is true it looks much worse for Obama than Clinton. Obama actually had approval / veto power over this deal and either knew or should have known what the FBI investigation was uncovering.

Yeah but the money leads to the clintons. I don't see where Obama benefits. Not his legacy or his wallet, he knew he was set for life.

did anyone need to have an investigation to consider that it might be a bad idea to give the Russian government control of uranium in the U.S.?

Every Russian bot and conservative news outlet splooged all over this story today. Haven't had an opportunity to read it yet but if someone in power committed an illegal act then yes they should be investigated. I know partisan hacks like moonz and Sailor have a hard time grasping this concept but no one is above the law. That also includes Trump and his inner circle.

Moonz seems to get a kick out of playing the idiot here. Pay him no attention.

I, for one, welcome a full and transparent investigation and prison for the guilty.

did anyone need to have an investigation to consider that it might be a bad idea to give the Russian government control of uranium in the U.S.?

No, because that's not what happened in the least. People who have no idea how the uranium mining industry and US regulation of the industry works have blown this into a ludicrous situation because of ignorance and fear of the words "nuclear" and "uranium".

Source: vadtoy, who is an expert in nuclear trade as it pertains to weapons programs for the IAEA and formally for the US National Nuclear Security Administration.

No, because that's not what happened in the least. People who have no idea how the uranium mining industry and US regulation of the industry works have blown this into a ludicrous situation because of ignorance and fear of the words "nuclear" and "uranium".

Source: vadtoy, who is an expert in nuclear trade as it pertains to weapons programs for the IAEA and formally for the US National Nuclear Security Administration.

+1

Every Russian bot and conservative news outlet splooged all over this story today. Haven't had an opportunity to read it yet but if someone in power committed an illegal act then yes they should be investigated. I know partisan hacks like moonz and Sailor have a hard time grasping this concept but no one is above the law. That also includes Trump and his inner circle.

if anyone here has been behaving like a partisan hack here, it is you

someone who does not share this Trump-Russia fixed the election obsession is not a partisan hack

there are a number of issues on which I disagree with probably a majority of Republicans, referring to me as a partisan hack is simply ignorant, you need to get a grip Newengland, you have steadily exiled yourself into a fantasy world

Moonz seems to get a kick out of playing the idiot here. Pay him no attention.

I think what moonz gets a kick out of is you all don't realize you're being idiots lapping up the same shit he's posting, just from the polar opposite slant.

Partisan hacks of either side annoy the shit out of me, liberals on this board are just incredibly annoying because they aren't self aware.

I'm a liberal and still feel the need to troll you. The only thing that makes sense to me as to how what I imagine are otherwise intelligent people who have the same general ideals as myself can post the things you do without ever being able to admit defeat or hypocrisy is that you're addicted to arguing about politics on the internet and for some reason siding against the liberal talking points would mean some sort of e-defeat.

It's the only possible explanation to such a large group of posters universally agreeing on literally every single issue that is the side of your political leanings.

One of y'all have to think trannys are weirdos.

Last edited:

The people that have blown this into a ludicrous situation know exactly how this works and that there is no real threat or story here. They blowing this up because it gets them ratings or votes from the rubes.

if anyone here has been behaving like a partisan hack here, it is you

someone who does not share this Trump-Russia fixed the election obsession is not a partisan hack

there are a number of issues on which I disagree with probably a majority of Republicans, referring to me as a partisan hack is simply ignorant, you need to get a grip Newengland, you have steadily exiled yourself into a fantasy world

Really? Maybe it is because you are the contrarian in a liberal echo chamber but you don't really seem to side against the right on here. What are these "number of issues"?

The people that have blown this into a ludicrous situation know exactly how this works and that there is no real threat or story here. They blowing this up because it gets them ratings or votes from the rubes.

sailor teaches nuclear trade?

Really? Maybe it is because you are the contrarian in a liberal echo chamber but you don't really seem to side against the right on here. What are these "number of issues"?

try some of these:

1. I am opposed to capital punishment

2. I am in favor of extensive gun control

3. I did not vote for Trump

4. I have not supported police in a knee jerk fashion; I know that they can be very unfair, and in some of these instances they have clearly over reacted and used excessive force and even killed people without justification

5. I did vote for Barack Obama and have not been particularly critical of him

6. I do not advocate a knee jerk pro-business stance and have tried to draw attention to the serious danger of the growing gulf between rich and poor

7. I am not opposed to a tax-based and publicly financed national health program to cover all Americans, in fact I believe that this is inevitable

8. I believe that the best way to shore up social security is to expand the deductions beyond the current limitations to all income

9. I think that military expenditures should be reduced

Having said all that, I am not a liberal. Liberalism is dead, in case some of you have failed to notice. There is, however, a thoroughly confused left, left in its place; a left which tolerates no dissent and tries to silence everyone who disagrees with it with smears of racism, bigotry, xenophobia, stupidity, etc, etc.

I think what moonz gets a kick out of is you all don't realize you're being idiots lapping up the same shit he's posting, just from the polar opposite slant.

Partisan hacks of either side annoy the shit out of me, liberals on this board are just incredibly annoying because they aren't self aware.

I'm a liberal and still feel the need to troll you. The only thing that makes sense to me as to how what I imagine are otherwise intelligent people who have the same general ideals as myself can post the things you do without ever being able to admit defeat or hypocrisy is that you're addicted to arguing about politics on the internet and for some reason siding against the liberal talking points would mean some sort of e-defeat.

It's the only possible explanation to such a large group of posters universally agreeing on literally every single issue that is the side of your political leanings.

One of y'all have to think trannys are weirdos.
Yeah, because clearly my stances on corporate taxes and taxes in general would indicate that I am some oartisan liberal. You are just an idiot and a troll and not clever like you seem to think you are. I hate Donald Trump because he's doesn't seem to take anything remotely seriously and is a pathological liar about seemingly everything.

Last edited:
try some of these:

1. I am opposed to capital punishment

2. I am in favor of extensive gun control

3. I did not vote for Trump

4. I have not supported police in a knee jerk fashion; I know that they can be very unfair, and in some of these instances they have clearly over reacted and used excessive force and even killed people without justification

5. I did vote for Barack Obama and have not been particularly critical of him

6. I do not advocate a knee jerk pro-business stance and have tried to draw attention to the serious danger of the growing gulf between rich and poor

7. I am not opposed to a tax-based and publicly financed national health program to cover all Americans, in fact I believe that this is inevitable

8. I believe that the best way to shore up social security is to expand the deductions beyond the current limitations to all income

9. I think that military expenditures should be reduced

Having said all that, I am not a liberal. Liberalism is dead, in case some of you have failed to notice. There is, however, a thoroughly confused left, left in its place; a left which tolerates no dissent and tries to silence everyone who disagrees with it with smears of racism, bigotry, xenophobia, stupidity, etc, etc.
Here's something I don't get sailor. If you really want to be critical of this decision to sell uranium to this firm then the responsibility should lie with Obama. Clinton was Secretary of State at the time when a multi-agency commission signed off on this deal and there's really no evidence that she even had part in that decision at all. Obama was the ultimate decision maker with approvol or veto power over this sale. He was also the one with the most access to intelligence. I think this is much ado about nothing but if you're really critical about it then the person who should be responsible is Obama.

Here's something I don't get sailor. If you really want to be critical of this decision to sell uranium to this firm then the responsibility should lie with Obama. Clinton was Secretary of State at the time when a multi-agency commission signed off on this deal and there's really no evidence that she even had part in that decision at all. Obama was the ultimate decision maker with approvol or veto power over this sale. He was also the one with the most access to intelligence. I think this is much ado about nothing but if you're really critical about it then the person who should be responsible is Obama.

Just so there is no misunderstanding, my comment about not being particularly critical of Obama was meant in general and particularly for the time that he was president, not to the sale of the uranium assets to Russia.

Obama's role and the Clintons' role appeared to be problematic at the time and in view of these reports may be very damaging to them and the country as well. But right now the facts are not entirely clear. On the other hand, they do look pretty bad for both the Clintons and Obama. We will see what happens.

Back