• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Accents

Slight southern accent on some words.

Milwaukee is funny but can be extremely annoying/nails on chalkboard. Australian female accent = six to midnight.

Slight southern accent on some words.

Milwaukee is funny but can be extremely annoying/nails on chalkboard. Australian female accent = six to midnight.

i assume six to midnight means cool or bonertime but i dunno man, that chick that's on the Netflix show Love ruined it for me

I have a pretty heavy southern accent. Its very Yadkin County. Not to be confused with the Surry County/Linsey Graham accent that I hate.

I think the Fargo accent is hilarious.

I could listen to Sophia Vergara talk all day

I don't think I have one, but I occasionally get asked where I'm from by NC denizens (presumably because I have an accent or a lack of one).

I don't hate any accents - I think they're cool, and that they typify the diversity amongst us humans.

I don't think I have one, but I occasionally get asked where I'm from by NC denizens (presumably because I have an accent or a lack of one).

I don't hate any accents - I think they're cool, and that they typify the diversity amongst us humans.

I've always been fascinated by all of them. I don't like when people with regional accents try to cover them up as if they are ashamed of them.

I have a thick Southern accent with what I call an Appalachian twang on top of it. My friends joke with me that you can hear the apostrophe when I talk (like dropping the g off words like runnin' or fishin') but that I sound like an educated Southerner. I'm 35 and grew up in the mountains of North Carolina, lived there for pretty much 25 years, and have spent all my life in the South. I think it thinned out some while at Wake but then came back. I'm not ashamed of it at all and really like it. I have some friends who have tried to lose theirs. It comes back occasionally on them though.

I really like New England accents, especially Maine accents. When I was up there a couple years ago, the people I spoke to in Maine had a distinct accent, but it didn't seem as think as a Boston accent. British accents can be good. I loved talking with Dr. Coates in the the Poli Sci department at Wake.

In terms of international accents, there's Australian and South African and there's everything else.

I had friends in HS that were triplets. The two dudes had no accent and the girl had a very strong Southern accent. It was weird.

In English I have a super neutral "TV" accent.

In German I have a hilarious American / Viennese accent that sounds like an old movie played through really crappy speakers. It confuses the fuck out of "proper Germans" as to what accident of history has created it.

In Russian I have a pretty standard big city accent (more authentic than my German) but my vocabulary / grammar is that of a child, which pretty much ruins it.

The woman in this clip is the mother of one of my son’s classmates...she’s Australian but not that heavy and thick of an accent.

That's awesome. Her line in that episode about how she's gotta go murder a brown snake is an all-timer.

Back