• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Did Trump insult widow of Niger GI?

Donald Trump lies because he is unprepared for almost everything due to his lack of interest in reading or learning. So he lies to make himself look better, which people lap up.

She is on tape saying that it was a fluid situation and they were still discovering facts in the days after.

But lets assume for argument's sake that you are right. So the Obama administration spun this story for a week or two after it happened.

If you apply the same level of scrutiny to both sides of the aisle, you would have to conclude that the Bush administration put forth multiple lies as justification for the Iraq war where thousands of US servicemen died.

They knew that the story that Colin Powell was spinning at the UN and that they leaked to Valerie Plame was at the very least likely untrue when they did it. No outrage there.

Donald Trump lies like it is his job. About stupid mundane stuff. No outrage there.

Trump does dumb stuff all the time, but this isn't one of those times. General Kelly explained with clarity what his advice was, which makes perfect sense. Those four guys are special forces. Of course they knew the risks, and the fact that they went anyway is a comment on their courage.
That makes complete sense to me. I've asked for a credible alternative explanation.
But apparently because I doubted the characterization of a bedazzled congresswoman exploiting this moment, i'm a snowflake.

Donald Trump lies because he is unprepared for almost everything due to his lack of interest in reading or learning. So he lies to make himself look better, which people lap up.

See: "Your guy", "Not a lot of people know", "You'll find out real soon", etc, etc, etc.

You are arguing a straw man because most of us are not disputing that General Kelly told Trump that.

Donald Trump decided that his best way of winning was to be the conspiracy theory spouting rube King but that he would still afforded the gravitas to deal with the situation like this. It doesn't work that way

Increasing by the day.

This is such a bizarre hill to die on.

Right. I should have blindly accepted the implausible opinion of the person wearing Brett Michael's hat.

Still waiting on what you think he actually meant. Fourth request.

Right. I should have blindly accepted the implausible opinion of the person wearing Brett Michael's hat.

lest we forget who he's defending:

donald-trump-bad-hair-photo-1.jpg

I do think it's relevant at this point that as far as we know, Trump has yet to apologize for offending the family. I'll give jh's point of view here the benefit of the doubt, but the fact remains that regardless of intent, Trump seems unwilling and/or unable to apologize for causing offense. He's unwilling to apologize for anything at all or admit any fault whatsoever. His only apology as far as I know was after he got caught bragging about sexual assault. It's indicative of his complete lack of any substantive character whatsoever. The dude is a total shitbag. You can admit that and still support the guy.

From my view there's just not much controversy here:

1. Donald criticized for not calling the family of troops killed in Niger
2. Donald resorts to his normal "whataboutism" claiming prior presidents didn't call fallen soldiers' families either
3. Donald criticized for this.
4. White House/Kelly/someone decides Donald should call the families of the troops killed in Niger
5. Knowing Donald isn't great at this type of communication, Kelly tells Donald what to say and it likely sounded good given Kelly's background
6. Donald includes part of what Kelly said, but delivers it in his normal poor form and/or only includes part of Kelly's lines
7. An Congresswoman on the call, invited by the family, thinks Donald's comments were poor form and insensitive
8. Family believes they were poor form and insensitive
9. Donald claims I didn't say that, this is fake news.
10. Huckabee Sanders claims "he didn't say that, this is fake news"
11. JHMD says nobody with a brain could believe Donald actually said this.
12. White House confirms that Donald did say it
13. Kelly stands on the same podium Huckabee Sanders did 24 hours earlier and confirms Donald said it (Huckabee Sanders and Donald lied per usual) while criticizing the Congresswoman for politicizing this tragedy
14. JHMD dies on his hill, alongside emperor Donald.

Why would anyone respond to questions you're proposing when you flat out deny that you said what you clearly said?

You've lost it man.

That's the second time you've brought up African-American fashion sense as some sort of justification for your credibility

From my view there's just not much controversy here:

1. Donald criticized for not calling the family of troops killed in Niger
2. Donald resorts to his normal "whataboutism" claiming prior presidents didn't call fallen soldiers' families either
3. Donald criticized for this.
4. White House/Kelly/someone decides Donald should call the families of the troops killed in Niger
5. Knowing Donald isn't great at this type of communication, Kelly tells Donald what to say and it likely sounded good given Kelly's background
6. Donald includes part of what Kelly said, but delivers it in his normal poor form and/or only includes part of Kelly's lines
7. An Congresswoman on the call, invited by the family, thinks Donald's comments were poor form and insensitive
8. Family believes they were poor form and insensitive
9. Donald claims I didn't say that, this is fake news.
10. Huckabee Sanders claims "he didn't say that, this is fake news"
11. JHMD says nobody with a brain could believe Donald actually said this.
12. White House confirms that Donald did say it
13. Kelly stands on the same podium Huckabee Sanders did 24 hours earlier and confirms Donald said it (Huckabee Sanders and Donald lied per usual) while criticizing the Congresswoman for politicizing this tragedy
14. JHMD dies on his hill, alongside emperor Donald.

i think that's about where we can close this thread

I think he meant you shouldn't feel so bad because sometimes soldiers die in war and he knew that going in. and i think he doesn't know how to empathize with another human being so he thought this was appropriate.

I think he meant you shouldn't feel so bad because sometimes soldiers die in war and he knew that going in. and i think he doesn't know how to empathize with another human being so he thought this was appropriate.

You saw general Kelly and thought that?

Back