• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Did Trump insult widow of Niger GI?

People who are so dissatisfied with the deplorable state of their government that they'd rather watch Donald Trump govern than [insert party-machine-candidate here].

So white dudes? Got it.

hey did you see the part where the woman confirmed the story and then you completely ignored a safe opportunity to admit you were wrong

Of course he did. But jhmd is so caught up with anti anti-trumpism - just like the rest of Trumps base - they refuse to admit being wrong no matter the facts. This is the real Trump derangement syndrome.

People who are so dissatisfied with the deplorable state of their government that they'd rather watch Donald Trump govern than [insert party-machine-candidate here].

So, these people:
GettyImages830617832.jpg

Are you familiar with tone and nuance? Who am I kidding, NOBODY is more nuanced than the original kings of it. You guys are the worldwide leader in it.

A person who knew the risks and willingly exposed himself to them "knows what they are getting into", do they not? Don't be this dumb.

interesting to find out that "My president will disrespect me and my family to their face after I die for dubious reasons, and then lie about it repeatedly to try to win political points with the worst part of American citizenry" is part of the Green Beret's job

Are you familiar with tone and nuance? Who am I kidding, NOBODY is more nuanced than the original kings of it. You guys are the worldwide leader in it.

A person who knew the risks and willingly exposed himself to them "knows what they are getting into", do they not? Don't be this dumb.

Ah so now you’ve backed away from the does anyone think he said this to the White House defense.

Good work.

No, it most certainly isn't. You guys need to take a walk. The bubble is killing you, repeatedly. Don't be the last to know.

hey jh, you served, correct?

I served. I was the casualty assistance officer for a young widow. Easily one of the most humbling/nerve-wracking experiences of my life.

I will never forget the day that I knocked on her front door.

Do you think Trump put an appropriate amount of effort into preparing for the call? Or is there a reasonable chance he half-assed the whole thing and had Fox News going, before and during the call?

So white dudes? Got it.

This is tired, cliche, self-congratulatory and tone-deaf response (good thing i was seated) is the sort of thing that continues to cost you guys elections. It's up to you to notice that it's time for a new tune.

You lost to Donald Trump. Your turn to let that sink in.

hey jh, you served, correct?

I served. I was the casualty assistance officer for a young widow. Easily one of the most humbling/nerve-wracking experiences of my life.

I will never forget the day that I knocked on her front door.

Do you think Trump put an appropriate amount of effort into preparing for the call? Or is there a reasonable chance he half-assed the whole thing and had Fox News going, before and during the call?

There's a very good chance that Donald Trump half-assed the whole thing.

There's a very good chance that Donald Trump half-assed the whole thing.

so now we're getting somewhere

when you half-ass the whole thing, does that increase or decrease the chances that a statement will be misconstrued?

If anything jhmd should be outraged, just another child being born into a single parent household. He knew what he was getting into though.

This is tired, cliche, self-congratulatory and tone-deaf response (good thing i was seated) is the sort of thing that continues to cost you guys elections. It's up to you to notice that it's time for a new tune.

I only offer two counter points to this post.

First, the guy won with nearly 60% of the white vote. It's really being ignorant to deny that white people voted in a way to indicate that they wanted him to be President. You could go the bkf route and just not count votes of people of color, but it's pretty clear from the "lessons of the election" that black and brown folks did not want him to President. You can certainly make strong arguments that they didn't want Hilldawg to be President either because they didn't turn out to vote for her, but among voters, people of color did not like Trump at all.

As to your second point:
gop17.png

Your party started with this, and they decided that "winning" was more important to them than anything remotely substantive.

None of this is new though. You know this. You understand this. You are just falling in line, because that's what Republicans do. They always have, and they always will. It is interesting how formulaic the process is. On this very thread, you join the long line of Republicans who initially didn't support Trump, but defend him by saying "there's no way he said/did that!". Then Trump himself basically confirms almost immediately after you state your support "yea I said/did it, so what?".

DF07 is not the only one who lost. Reasonable people and civil society lost to Donald Trump. Sixteen republicans and the entire Democratic establishment lost to a guy who, among other things, ripped on a POW during the campaign. This is not something we should just sit back and accept.

keep trying, buddy. you might salvage some dignity yet. you could start by admitting trump lied and you were wrong

Startling at this may be, I'm not all that interested in the opinions of people who have completely self-marginalized from what matters to voters in this country. Stay undepheated, though. Nobody blends pride with humiliating depheat more artfully than you guys.

Startling at this may be, I'm not all that interested in the opinions of people who have completely self-marginalized from what matters to voters in this country. Stay undepheated, though. Nobody blends pride with humiliating depheat more artfully than you guys.

hey remember when RJ said the same thing about the Republicans

Back