• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Did Trump insult widow of Niger GI?

Not sure why people expect someone with his track record to side with a pregnant single mother.

#twoparenthouseholds

Serious question here. Has anyone in the entire storied history of the boards ever admitted to being wrong on anything?

Only applies to Pubs. The rest of the posters are Top 27 material, unfamiliar with defeat.

plenty of posters have admitted they were wrong and even apologized. hell, RJ has done so many (comparatively) times.

Sorry, had to do work for a while. If I understand it correctly, jh's progression on this thread has been:
1)The President didn't say something along the lines of "he knew what he signed up for" it is a lie by a Democratic Representative; to
2)No, the family didn't confirm that- this was a lie by a Democratic Representative; to
3)Oh, the family did confirm that the President made the statement- well he must have been misunderstood; to
4) U demo-rats are all looosers!!!!!

Is that about right? It is an incredibly nuanced transition.

Sorry, had to do work for a while. If I understand it correctly, jh's progression on this thread has been:
1)The President didn't say something along the lines of "he knew what he signed up for" it is a lie by a Democratic Representative; to
2)No, the family didn't confirm that- this was a lie by a Democratic Representative; to
3)Oh, the family did confirm that the President made the statement- well he must have been misunderstood; to
4) U demo-rats are all looosers!!!!!

Is that about right? It is an incredibly nuanced transition.

#4 is clearly true, but I'm not sure about the facts on 1, 2 or 3. Willing to see links, though. If you need a link on #4, just ask.

next up is his Dear Glorious Leader's new response: CIA, Democrats and the Russians are working together

The fact that JHMD as a veteran isn't righteously angered about this is shocking. But he's also blown through Trump insulting McCain (who's as bonafide a war hero as we have and exhibited enormous personal bravery and sacrifice) and gold star parents during the campaign, so I shouldn't be surprised.

It's very clear that a large group of people who love to "respect the troops" don't give a single solitary fuck about actually respecting them. Not one fuck. And JHMD is most definitely part of that group.

The fact that JHMD as a veteran isn't righteously angered about this is shocking. But he's also blown through Trump insulting McCain (who's as bonafide a war hero as we have and exhibited enormous personal bravery and sacrifice) and gold star parents during the campaign, so I shouldn't be surprised.

It's very clear that a large group of people who love to "respect the troops" don't give a single solitary fuck about actually respecting them. Not one fuck. And JHMD is most definitely part of that group.

All because I was skeptical of a Democrat Congressperson. That's it. That's the case against jhmd.

Strange times.

For some reason, voters have taken power away from your party. They must not appreciate hysterical fantastical self-righteousness as a policy. Voters, amirite?

"Respecting the troops" is much like "drawn the swamp" or worrying about the debt. It's just an attack against Dems.

Republicans only care about maintaining power.

Last edited:
All because I was skeptical of a Democrat Congressperson. That's it. That's the case against jhmd.

Strange times.

No, because once it was confirmed by multiple members of the family (and a reminder, it fits within a pattern for this President as well) you didn't immediately state "holy fuck, that's awful".

I grew up in a military town, the child and grandchild of servicemen and my wife served. The veterans I know (even the Trump supporting ones) are fucking outraged at this, as they should be. You clearly could give 0 fucks. And for that, fuck you.

"Respecting the troops" is much like "drawn the swamp" or worrying about the depth. It's just an attack against Dems.

Republicans only care about maintaining power.

When you consider that an attack on respecting the troops is understood as an attack on your party, your party must really suck.

No, because once it was confirmed by multiple members of the family (and a reminder, it fits within a pattern for this President as well) you didn't immediately state "holy fuck, that's awful".

I grew up in a military town, the child and grandchild of servicemen and my wife served. The veterans I know (even the Trump supporting ones) are fucking outraged at this, as they should be. You clearly could give 0 fucks. And for that, fuck you.

Doesn't vadtoy have some credibility you could poach again? I like it when Vadtoy's resume ratifies your personal opinions. Not at all transparently insecure. No, never.

eta: Shit. I missed it first time through. There is is. Good to know things never change.

welcome to the Trump years, where leveraging actual experience and knowledge is somehow a negative

Doesn't vadtoy have some credibility you could poach again? I like it when Vadtoy's resume ratifies your personal opinions. Not at all transparently insecure. No, never.

eta: Shit. I missed it first time through. There is is. Good to know things never change.
God you suck at being a human. Jesus.

God you suck at being a human. Jesus.

It's okay to be skeptical of Democrats, Vad. Nobody actually confident in their ideas is as scared of critique as you guys. I've never met a successful person who was as defensive as this Board's left.

Back