• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official Loyola Chicago Thread! KRUTWIG!

I guess the good news is that we now have bragging rights about this game for the next 13 years over them. "Remember that time the Deacs beat the HOFMARKSMITHS! WE DA BEST!"

I don't know what happened on the first weird call (foul on BC, review, then "inadvertent whistle") - that was bizarre but if the refs concluded there was no contact it's not supposed to be a foul simply for clearing out with your elbows.

The second call, while perhaps "wrong", was not something you can review as I understand it. The confusion mainly stemmed from a long delay and the commentators not talking about what was going on, but the original call on the court was a foul on Illinois underneath the basket and the discussion seemed to be whether or not the foul occurred before or after we shot the three. I don't believe they ever discussed the alleged goaltending from Doral.

Dear Illinois, you fucking suck. Bitches.

rlzuoo.jpg

landscape-1459094522-screen-shot-2016-03-27-at-114102-am-copy.jpg

I don't know what happened on the first weird call (foul on BC, review, then "inadvertent whistle") - that was bizarre but if the refs concluded there was no contact it's not supposed to be a foul simply for clearing out with your elbows.

The second call, while perhaps "wrong", was not something you can review as I understand it. The confusion mainly stemmed from a long delay and the commentators not talking about what was going on, but the original call on the court was a foul on Illinois underneath the basket and the discussion seemed to be whether or not the foul occurred before or after we shot the three. I don't believe they ever discussed the alleged goaltending from Doral.

And the replay showed Doral never touched it anyway - though it was close. In real time I thought he did...

I thought Doral for sure goaltended watching it live, and even the initial replays, but after watching the close-up/slow-mo replays, I'm like 98% positive that he didn't touch it. What's hilarious is that 100% of Illinois fans are 100% sure he touched it.

I (and a lot of people here) complain about officiating too much, but they are approaching State-level tinfoil hat conspiracy theories. Come to think of it, they actually do remind me of a significantly worse NC State fanbase. At least State has some level of recent success in revenue sports.

Ha, yeah there's a huge conspiracy to have wake Forest the second smallest d-1 school beat Illinois in the acc/big ten challenge!

Yeah multiple people have posted about a conspiracy involving Nestor and...Wake Forest. I mean think about that alone for a second.

Also one of the games used as an "example" is the Wake-Duke game last year. Yeah there was a massive conspiracy for someone to rig the game in favor of Wake over Duke.

Doral never touched the ball. You can tell by the way the rim bounces.

Bump. My other alma mater, Northwestern, played and beat Illinois last night in overtime. Mark Da God Smith had 5 points and 1 rebound in 8 minutes of play.

Illinois down 19 to Maryland at half. Mark Smith with 0 points. Illinois fans slowly realizing they suck. Lol.

lol, holy shit, they came all the way back.

Illinois down 19 to Maryland at half. Mark Smith with 0 points. Illinois fans slowly realizing they suck. Lol.

I'm sure the Illinois baseball coach will be interested in his skills.

Ha, so I guess Underwood cut his hand up punching a trash can at halftime last night.

Back