• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official Loyola Chicago Thread! KRUTWIG!

In fairness, that was a tough 3 game stretch for Illinois... They played pretty well in all 3 games, just didn't come away with any wins.

Mark Smith kind of sucks, but they have some other legit players.

Their fans, on the other hand, are still a collection of dimwits.

Nah, jokes aside, Underwood is a good coach. Gonna be hard to overcome the donkishness of Illinois, though. They have to hope that there are some good dudes coming through Mac Irvin Fire in the next couple years that sleazy Chin Coleman can pick off.

Nah, jokes aside, Underwood is a good coach. Gonna be hard to overcome the donkishness of Illinois, though. They have to hope that there are some good dudes coming through Mac Irvin Fire in the next couple years that sleazy Chin Coleman can pick off.

Not denying he is a good coach at all. I just think he's got some Bruce Pearl stink to him. I wouldn't buy a used car from him, that is for sure. And I feel like he is one cellphone recorded practice or half time outburst away from mandatory anger issue counseling. That is not even touching the expected recruiting violation he has yet to commit.

Illinois takes the L in Chicago to NMSU. I'm sure that'll help the Chitown connection.

2cbc33ba6ebb80db5a3977f3a2e43b32--northwestern-university-football-fever.jpg

Smith has a solid skill set and will be a good player for someone but Illinois' other freshman guard (Trent Frazier) was better. Frazier and Ayo will form an excellent back court next year.

Smith has a solid skill set and will be a good player for someone but Illinois' other freshman guard (Trent Frazier) was better. Frazier and Ayo will form an excellent back court next year.
I think basically anyone is better than 33.7% shooting.

I think basically anyone is better than 33.7% shooting.

He had a poor year but he's going to be a productive player for someone. I suspect he'll have plenty of good options.

This whole thing was such a circus. Some of the Illini believed Mark Smith and Ayo talked during recruiting and were planning to make up the "best backcourt in the country."

Da' God has a solid skill set. Uh huh, yeah. Illinois trolls talked him up and he sucked.

Last edited:
Da' God has a solid skill set. Uh huh, yeah. Y'all talked him up and he sucks - take your lumps.

I'm not sure who you're talking to. I'm an Indiana fan. I watch a lot of B1G hoops and think he's got talent. I'd happily take him at IU.

I'm not sure who you're talking to. I'm an Indiana fan. I watch a lot of B1G hoops and think he's got talent. I'd happily take him at IU.
My bad. Will edit. Still dont understand why you're cockblocking the schadenfreude.

Illini great Brandon Paul was waived by San Antonio today after averaging 2.3 ppg, 1.1 rpg, and 0.6 apg last year. That leaves Myers Leonard as the last remaining Illinois player in the NBA.

Back