• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official Loyola Chicago Thread! KRUTWIG!

Tinley Park Patch? There are plenty of things that suck about Illinois but I would not be quoting anything out of Tinley Park to make the point.

These idiots were about to finally get the second recruit in their "dream class" but Ayo's family told Illinois to pull the offer due to some personal issues between the two families

LOL

Good luck with one high maintenance PG that can't shoot or dunk!

My thinking was that babies have no choice in where they're born and international immigrants might have unrealistically favorable impression of the area? Am I missing something?

My thinking was that babies have no choice in where they're born and international immigrants might have unrealistically favorable impression of the area? Am I missing something?

We can joke on Illinois all we want. Chicago is pretty awesome city though. Weather sucks. But the city is fantastic.

I was just commenting on the article which says that Cook county has the highest population loss in the country. I don't have an opinion on Chicago.

Most really big cities have more negatives than they do positives... NYC, LA, SF, CHI, PHI, DC

From the Illinoisloyalty recruiting thread:

"we're basically putting all of our eggs in the MIF basket for the foreseeable future. Recruits from other AAU teams across the state will take notice of this, and they will see that the rug was basically pulled out from a highly regarded recruit by our staff at the last minute."

"Chicago basketball politics....Just sad that these young men are controlled by a bunch of glory hound pompous egotysical coaches and AAU coaches that in the end only care about their reputation and not the overall success of the players..."

"And now Illini basketball is controlled by them."

"Welcome to your dream job Coach."

"Might as well kiss any Simeon kid goodbye. If I'm Robert Smith, I have no interest in doing anything with brad Underwood at all."

"Revoking a kid's offer on the day of his announcement in order to appease another commit's AAU coach seems about as dirty as it gets. I tend to shrug off what I call "victimless" NCAA infractions. This to me is terrible.
Who knows what impact this will have on the perception of Underwood with every other coach in the state. Attaching your wagon to the MIF is a losing proposition in my opinion."

"If it comes out that THT was going to commit to us and today we pulled his offer because of pressures from some AAU coach every fan should be furious...That is a complete slim bag thing to do to a kid....."

Last edited:
We can joke on Illinois all we want. Chicago is pretty awesome city though. Weather sucks. But the city is fantastic.
Except for the nine months of brutal winters and all the murdering

THT commits to Iowa State

Amazing what can happen in just a week.

What does preventing Illinois from recruiting other AAU players do for MIF? Just bragging rights?

I would think it's more likely to be the Dosunmus stepping in there, or am I wrong?

they're just deflecting blame from their prize recruit. chicago sun times just wrote a piece confirming rumor and attributing blame to ayo and fam.

What did Obama do to stop the violence in the streets of Chicago ?

Back