Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 LastLast
Results 221 to 240 of 263

Thread: The Official Loyola Chicago Thread! KRUTWIG!

  1. #221
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacDaddy View Post
    Ayo has a broken nose; return is uncertain.
    They play Nebraska tonight, and don't need him in that one, but their last 3 games all on the road are brutal:

    #13 Wisconsin
    #3 Michigan
    #7 tOSU

  2. #222
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacDaddy View Post
    Ayo has a broken nose; return is uncertain.
    Most likely 1-2 games, but it could be more.

  3. #223
    This is a tough thread to look back on.

  4. #224

  5. #225
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,767
    I cant think of a thread that aged worse than this one.

    Looking forward to rooting for Ayo at the next level.

  6. #226
    Banhammer'd
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    HB, CA
    Posts
    78,116
    This board would be tearing Ayo apart. He went 5-17 4 assists vs. 5 TOs.

  7. #227
    Doubt wed be tearing him apart if he was cutting a net down in a Wake jersey.

  8. #228
    i will never change the thread title

    this is a reminder of the shame of hubris

  9. #229
    Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    DeacsATS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    9,193
    This is the blueprint for a turnaround...

    Underwood came in and had a shitty first season, which included a loss to Wake Forest... 14-18, 4-14, KP#102 (worse than Groce's last season of 20-15, 8-10, KP#66).
    Improved in year 2 (but only slightly)... 12-21, 7-13, KP#84
    Over .500 in the B1G and would have had them in the tourney in year 3... 21-10, 13-7, KP#30
    #1 seed and B1G Championship in year 4... 23-6, 16-4, KP#3

  10. #230
    Yep. Best not to wait a decade to start the process....

  11. #231
    Quote Originally Posted by DeacsATS View Post
    This is the blueprint for a turnaround...

    Underwood came in and had a shitty first season, which included a loss to Wake Forest... 14-18, 4-14, KP#102 (worse than Groce's last season of 20-15, 8-10, KP#66).
    Improved in year 2 (but only slightly)... 12-21, 7-13, KP#84
    Over .500 in the B1G and would have had them in the tourney in year 3... 21-10, 13-7, KP#30
    #1 seed and B1G Championship in year 4... 23-6, 16-4, KP#3
    the roster is a perfect mix of experience and high-level talent

    8-man rotation:

    2 SR's
    3 JR's including Ayo
    1 SO/2 FR, all 3 top 50 players

    the 9th man is a freshman big who presumably will step into many more minutes next year

  12. #232
    Ayo continues to pile on us. 1st team AA

  13. #233
    meanwhile Jaylen Hoard is averaging 9.7 PPG for the Oklahoma City Blue

  14. #234
    Wonder how the Illini fanbase felt about Underwood after his first two years:

    26-39 (11-35). Not even sniffing an NIT bid.

    Groce had Illinois on the bubble in 2017, the year he was fired. Illinois is a rocket ship right now, but they even endured some major pains for two seasons. FWIW, even this year, I recall some grousing when Illinois started 5-3, including an early conference loss to Rutgers.

  15. #235
    4 of Underwood's top 6 players in terms of minutes played in 2018-19 were underclassmen, and they stuck around for (at least) two more years to win the B1G

    so, he may not have had buy-in from the fans, but he had it from his guys

  16. #236
    Broderick Hicks
    zqglass's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Clemmons, NC
    Posts
    3,802
    Every time I see Illinois winning I think about this thread. Let us learn from this, comrades.
    beer and titties

  17. #237
    Ayo named USA Today player of the year.

  18. #238
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,767
    Have we ever been runner up for a national player of the year?

  19. #239
    Quote Originally Posted by daaberry View Post
    Doubt wed be tearing him apart if he was cutting a net down in a Wake jersey.
    He wouldn't be cutting down any nets at Wake because Danny Manning would still be our coach. I do think a nucleus of Ayo, Sarr, and Brown could probably have gotten us in the tournament this year, even under Manning.

  20. #240
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocket View Post
    He wouldn't be cutting down any nets at Wake because Danny Manning would still be our coach. I do think a nucleus of Ayo, Sarr, and Brown could probably have gotten us in the tournament this year, even under Manning.
    Brown was in the portal before Manning was fired, and I question whether Ayo would have stayed this long under Manning

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •