Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official Loyola Chicago Thread! KRUTWIG!

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Hulka View Post
    Most really big cities have more negatives than they do positives... NYC, LA, SF, CHI, PHI, DC
    Yeah those cities surely are no Winston-Salem or even Randleman, NC amirite?!

Primary OGB Benefactor
    Makes you wonder why hundreds of millions of people are trapped in big cities and their metro areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt Hulka View Post
    Most really big cities have more negatives than they do positives... NYC, LA, SF, CHI, PHI, DC
    Yeah, like actual things to do.

Although I am on-board with the Tier 2 city life. Somewhere in the 500K-1M metro area range. Anything bigger is too much.

I disagree with you
    the sourest of grapes

Quote Originally Posted by MichDeac25 View Post
    We can joke on Illinois all we want. Chicago is pretty awesome city though. Weather sucks. But the city is fantastic.
    Chicago is nothing like the rest of Illinois. Just like NYC is nothing like the rest of New York State.

I'm just glad we got our top 30 commit without having to bend knees to a local AAU team or burn any bridges!

Quote Originally Posted by BiffTannen View Post
    Makes you wonder why hundreds of millions of people are trapped in big cities and their metro areas.
    Yeah people can live wherever they want but to say that six major metro areas have "more negatives than positives" is laughably wrong.

none of those cities represent real America

Is it possible, now hear me out on this, that some people may like big cities and some people may like rural areas?
    Last edited by Demonwolverine; 10-27-2017 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demonwolverine View Post
    Is it possible, now hear me out on this, that some people may like big cities and some people may like rural areas?
    The ones who like rural areas are a bunch of rubes.

http://ruffinbuckhantz.ytmnd.com/

Absolutely. I don't think this changes any objective evaluation of positives and negatives of metro areas (to the extent it's possible to conduct a truly objective evaluation).

Banhammer'd
    IL was of no consequence before Ayo. Why not go back to that?

Who cares about them?

I disagree with you
    last time we had a big thing with Illinois we got our ass handed to us. so that's twice in a row now.

Quote Originally Posted by RJKarl View Post
    IL was of no consequence before Ayo. Why not go back to that?

Who cares about them?
    Not sure we're in a position to speak on either front

It is true big cities have a lot more things to do, but they also tend to be more expensive to do, and after you mature and get to the family raising stuff, you have plenty to do without worrying about nightlife. Point is younger people generally like big cites, while more mature citizens don't. It is more IMO a function of age and family status than education, politics, religion, etc,nothing wrong or unusual about either

Joe Amonett
    Quote Originally Posted by sportsnut View Post
    It is true big cities have a lot more things to do, but they also tend to be more expensive to do, and after you mature and get to the family raising stuff, you have plenty to do without worrying about nightlife. Point is younger people generally like big cites, while more mature citizens don't. It is more IMO a function of age and family status than education, politics, religion, etc,nothing wrong or unusual about either
    Speak for yourself...I'm at the have kids age, and really am glad I live in a big city. Lots to do is lots to do, regardless of age or interest. For me, put me in the middle of everything or the middle of nothing..suburbia is the dregs

Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    last time we had a big thing with Illinois we got our ass handed to us.
    I wonder if the Illinois fans remember that game?