Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: The Official Loyola Chicago Thread! KRUTWIG!

Sam "Ace" Rothstein
    In fairness, that was a tough 3 game stretch for Illinois... They played pretty well in all 3 games, just didn't come away with any wins.

Mark Smith kind of sucks, but they have some other legit players.

Their fans, on the other hand, are still a collection of dimwits.

Scooter Banks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayo View Post
    Ha, so I guess Underwood cut his hand up punching a trash can at halftime last night.
    Dude is a nightmare waiting to happen for them. Gonna say two years.
    le bone

Nah, jokes aside, Underwood is a good coach. Gonna be hard to overcome the donkishness of Illinois, though. They have to hope that there are some good dudes coming through Mac Irvin Fire in the next couple years that sleazy Chin Coleman can pick off.

Scooter Banks
    Nah, jokes aside, Underwood is a good coach. Gonna be hard to overcome the donkishness of Illinois, though. They have to hope that there are some good dudes coming through Mac Irvin Fire in the next couple years that sleazy Chin Coleman can pick off.
    Not denying he is a good coach at all. I just think he's got some Bruce Pearl stink to him. I wouldn't buy a used car from him, that is for sure. And I feel like he is one cellphone recorded practice or half time outburst away from mandatory anger issue counseling. That is not even touching the expected recruiting violation he has yet to commit.
    le bone

Currently at the United Center watching New Mexico State wax Illinois. That is all.

Illinois takes the L in Chicago to NMSU. I'm sure that'll help the Chitown connection.

HOFMark Smith, the next Ray Allen or whatever, is transferring from Illinois after one lackluster year.

https://www.thetelegraph.com/sports/..._medium=social

Can't believe he didn't light it up after being such a great baseball player.

Quote Originally Posted by deacondamo View Post
    HOFMark Smith, the next Ray Allen or whatever, is transferring from Illinois after one lackluster year.

LOL

Smith has a solid skill set and will be a good player for someone but Illinois' other freshman guard (Trent Frazier) was better. Frazier and Ayo will form an excellent back court next year.

Quote Originally Posted by BTB View Post
    Smith has a solid skill set and will be a good player for someone but Illinois' other freshman guard (Trent Frazier) was better. Frazier and Ayo will form an excellent back court next year.
    I think basically anyone is better than 33.7% shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by deacondamo View Post

Sounds like a good fit for Wake. Go get him Danny!

I think basically anyone is better than 33.7% shooting.
    He had a poor year but he's going to be a productive player for someone. I suspect he'll have plenty of good options.

This whole thing was such a circus. Some of the Illini believed Mark Smith and Ayo talked during recruiting and were planning to make up the "best backcourt in the country."

Da' God has a solid skill set. Uh huh, yeah. Illinois trolls talked him up and he sucked.
    Last edited by myDeaconmyhand; 03-06-2018 at 12:44 PM.
    Draxx them sklounst

Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    Da' God has a solid skill set. Uh huh, yeah. Y'all talked him up and he sucks - take your lumps.
    I'm not sure who you're talking to. I'm an Indiana fan. I watch a lot of B1G hoops and think he's got talent. I'd happily take him at IU.

I'm not sure who you're talking to. I'm an Indiana fan. I watch a lot of B1G hoops and think he's got talent. I'd happily take him at IU.
    My bad. Will edit. Still dont understand why you're cockblocking the schadenfreude.
    Draxx them sklounst

Quote Originally Posted by myDeaconmyhand View Post
    My bad. Will edit. Still dont understand why you're cockblocking the schadenfreude.
    Sorry. Didn't mean to rain on that parade. Just offered my thoughts on the kid.

Illini great Brandon Paul was waived by San Antonio today after averaging 2.3 ppg, 1.1 rpg, and 0.6 apg last year. That leaves Myers Leonard as the last remaining Illinois player in the NBA.
    We're going to be good again.