• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official Loyola Chicago Thread! KRUTWIG!

Makes you wonder why hundreds of millions of people are trapped in big cities and their metro areas.

Most really big cities have more negatives than they do positives... NYC, LA, SF, CHI, PHI, DC

Yeah, like actual things to do.

Although I am on-board with the Tier 2 city life. Somewhere in the 500K-1M metro area range. Anything bigger is too much.

I'm just glad we got our top 30 commit without having to bend knees to a local AAU team or burn any bridges!

Makes you wonder why hundreds of millions of people are trapped in big cities and their metro areas.

Yeah people can live wherever they want but to say that six major metro areas have "more negatives than positives" is laughably wrong.

Is it possible, now hear me out on this, that some people may like big cities and some people may like rural areas?

Last edited:
Is it possible, now hear me out on this, that some people may like big cities and some people may like rural areas?

Absolutely. I don't think this changes any objective evaluation of positives and negatives of metro areas (to the extent it's possible to conduct a truly objective evaluation).

IL was of no consequence before Ayo. Why not go back to that?

Who cares about them?

last time we had a big thing with Illinois we got our ass handed to us. so that's twice in a row now.

It is true big cities have a lot more things to do, but they also tend to be more expensive to do, and after you mature and get to the family raising stuff, you have plenty to do without worrying about nightlife. Point is younger people generally like big cites, while more mature citizens don't. It is more IMO a function of age and family status than education, politics, religion, etc,nothing wrong or unusual about either

It is true big cities have a lot more things to do, but they also tend to be more expensive to do, and after you mature and get to the family raising stuff, you have plenty to do without worrying about nightlife. Point is younger people generally like big cites, while more mature citizens don't. It is more IMO a function of age and family status than education, politics, religion, etc,nothing wrong or unusual about either

Speak for yourself...I'm at the have kids age, and really am glad I live in a big city. Lots to do is lots to do, regardless of age or interest. For me, put me in the middle of everything or the middle of nothing..suburbia is the dregs

Back