• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Jesus... He's reclassifying to 2018, too?

I agree with netflix... We can't compete w/ shenanigans like this.

b911f8a8fa2fe51bd0b459ac63c1f3d6.jpg

Something smells fishy

Harris is definitely going to Virginia Tech. That was the only staff who were able to get him playing hackey-sack in the street. Obviously, once you've played a round of that, a unique bond is formed. Excellent recruiting strategy.

Probably means nothing but Buzz has offered two additional 2019 PGs in the last three days. Barring transfers or other attrition, VT already has a total of three set to begin the 2019-20 season. if PT is a concern, Wake seems to be the better option for Harris.

Probably means nothing but Buzz has offered two additional 2019 PGs in the last three days. Barring transfers or other attrition, VT already has a total of three set to begin the 2019-20 season. if PT is a concern, Wake seems to be the better option for Harris.

Buzz offered Kira Lewis because he lit it up for his AAU program last weekend. On the other hand, Harris did not play well overall. I do expect Harris to play better at the next stop on the eybl.

Looks like we will not be getting Porter or maybe even Dixon at this point. Winning some games this year is crucial for Danny Manning (although I think it is already too late).

Looks like we will not be getting Porter or maybe even Dixon at this point. Winning some games this year is crucial for Danny Manning (although I think it is already too late).

I thought Porter was slated for a visit in the coming weeks? Did that get canceled?

While we were never in the lead for Porter, I believe Dixon is coming here if we promise him 1 thing - special tickets for BagBoy Nino.

I thought Porter was slated for a visit in the coming weeks? Did that get canceled?

Interesting fact most casual fans don't know about Porter ... he has diabetes and must wear insulin patches for games. There is a video about it online. Nice success story dealing with the disease. Ikenna Smart has back problems, which limit his ability to play extended minutes. Either way you look at it the market for grad transfer bigs was not a gold mine this year. Wyatt Walker was the best option and he canceled us out quickly.

i3hxs4.gif

yikes that's not good

What changed with Dixon?
I imagine it is the same issue with most grad transfers (and part of the reason Woods left), they want to go to a team with the chance to make some noise in the post-season.

I'm pretty optimistic about the new guys coming in but it seems like WF's ceiling is as a mid-level ACC school next season even if the Deacs land every remaining target and that might be too ambitious anyways.

Last edited:
Never too late for Wake to find some promising talent overseas or maybe a few 5 star recruits from the 2019 class would be willing to reclassify to 2018 and commit to Wake.

I think it's time to shut the boards down.

This place is a cesspool of negativity currently but rightly so. I think the last 2 basketball hires are a not so subtle clue that the next one won't be much better either as long as Wellman, Hatch and some others are here

Back