• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Yep. And even if Crawford doesn’t come back, a legit grad transfer isn’t going to come to play behind a coach’s kid junior PG.

I was actually pretty please with Brandon's play at the point last year except for his inconsistent shooting. When he was on target he was darn. If he becomes a consistent threat, and Bryant can do the same and be more careful with the ball, we should be ok at pg. Big ifs but they know what they have to do.

Watched the second half of the Allen Iverson all star game. Mucius looked good, he hit 5 threes for 15 points. Nice stroke, good handle and pretty good defense. Looks like an excellent small forward.

Likely not for a few more weeks at the earliest. Trey Porter has publicly said a few times that he isn’t close to a decision, and Nat Dixon still has a few visits scheduled that look to take him through early May.

Dixon fills an immediate need, but other than him I really hope we get a visit with Sacha Killeya Jones. SKJ could make an instant impact in 2019.

Watched the second half of the Allen Iverson all star game. Mucius looked good, he hit 5 threes for 15 points. Nice stroke, good handle and pretty good defense. Looks like an excellent small forward.

Mucius is going to be a very good player us, I’m not the least bit worried about him.

3.4 ppg, 4.3 rpg in 15.6 mpg for the Buffalo Bulls

per 40 minutes he'd average 9 points and 11 rebounds (and 8 fouls)

looks like a good banger though, so 'bone will be pleased

by the way who put in the tag "!sweet16willshutmouths"??

I mean that right there is funny

Smart is coming to Wake. Crawford is probably staying, too.

If Smart had any sort of lift, he would be a really good post player. His problem is that he just plays too low to the ground. But he would be a serviceable big and would help us. I would rather have have Porter, but understand that we might not be first in line for him...Porter would be a GREAT get, Smart would be solid and help us.

I think fans are going to be surprised at Okeke's development as well. I was surprised at how quick a defender he was, and how long his arms were. As a freshman he handled himself well defensively. He never touched the ball on offense, but I think he is going to be a valuable 4 year player for us. I also think he plays a good bit next year.

If Smart had any sort of lift, he would be a really good post player. His problem is that he just plays too low to the ground. But he would be a serviceable big and would help us. I would rather have have Porter, but understand that we might not be first in line for him...Porter would be a GREAT get, Smart would be solid and help us.

I think fans are going to be surprised at Okeke's development as well. I was surprised at how quick a defender he was, and how long his arms were. As a freshman he handled himself well defensively. He never touched the ball on offense, but I think he is going to be a valuable 4 year player for us. I also think he plays a good bit next year.

The first 2/3 sentences here sound a lot like Terrence Thompson..

If Smart is our only replacement for Doral, we're gonna suck. And I'm an optimist.

TBF, I’d expect Sarr to be our primary replacement for Moore and this guy Smart should be playing Sarr’s (or TT’s) role from last season

Yeah, I am fine w/ Sarr getting the nod for most of the minutes at the 5, if that's what it comes down to. Smart would be the minutes behind Sarr.

We'd still be very thin down low, unless Okeke and/or Lorng can be counted on for some minutes (I'd rather note). Even if Hoard gets ~25mpg at the 4, there is still a need for another big. I am sure Manning recognizes this.

Smart seems like a solid pickup to fill a hole for ~10mpg... Any expectations beyond that would be concerning for me.

TBF, I’d expect Sarr to be our primary replacement for Moore and this guy Smart should be playing Sarr’s (or TT’s) role from last season

Perhaps we will promise Smart that he starts every game to seal the deal?

Yeah, at this point, Sarr has a huge opportunity, and I really like his game. Not sure he is quite ready for the minutes he will get, but the young man is very talented. Would have been better to have one more year as the secondary guy. If we end up snagging Porter, I don't think we see much of a downgrade from Moore, and to be honest, Porter might be an upgrade. Smart is definitely a downgrade, and will force Sarr to be a major contributor from day one. Assuming Crawford returns I kind of like the lineup of:

Crawford
Chill
Brown
Hoard
Sarr

Hoard and Brown are going to have to overcome some rebounding deficiencies of Sarr (even if he bulks up, he is going to need some help), but that is a fast, good shooting, athletic lineup. If Porter signs (not sure on the likelihood) then I think he starts, not sure who would get bumped...most likely Sarr or we might keep Childress coming off the bench and go big. Porter makes such a big difference to this next year's team. If we sign a post-grad shooter (particularly if its Dixon, then he slides into Childress' spot most likely).

Crawford
Dixon
Brown
Hoard
Porter

Childress
Mucius
Sarr
Okeke

Is a pretty fun 9, and one that should win a lot of ball games. It kind of all depends on the grad transfer market. We have lost some significant pieces in Woods (don't think that will hurt us all that much) and Moore (will definitely hurt). From what I have seen Dixon is a significant upgrade in defensive mobility, and a slight downgrade in offensive production. Porter is a pretty even swap for Doral, and could be an upgrade. Smart is a clear downgrade, but does provide some toughness and rebounding, and worst case scenario we need to sign a big that can do that.

Back