• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

BBall Recruiting Thread 2k19 - Charles Coleman de-commits to Wake. :(

Who is the second? Neath is #194 on 247 and that’s a post-Wake offer ranking, iirc.

The argument was made earlier that Neath is top 150 now but based upon injury/Canada is ranking is depressed. I am not making that argument, but that is what is being 'sold'.

I honestly feel like at this stage in the game, we are fortunate to get Neath. I do think he will end up in the 100-150 range, and he has some upside. He is a gamble of course, and shouldn't be used as a sign that Manning has turned around recruiting, because this is a higher risk signing, but when you barely win double digit games the previous year, that tends to happen. I am glad we have him, because quite frankly, it could be much much worse. He has some explosiveness despite coming off an injury, and his body type needs reshaping. A kid like him who leans up, drops a little weight and is 2 years away from a knee injury could really surprise some people. Shot looks good enough for me, he just needs to regain/improve his quickness.

The argument was made earlier that Neath is top 150 now but based upon injury/Canada is ranking is depressed. I am not making that argument, but that is what is being 'sold'.

I honestly feel like at this stage in the game, we are fortunate to get Neath. I do think he will end up in the 100-150 range, and he has some upside. He is a gamble of course, and shouldn't be used as a sign that Manning has turned around recruiting, because this is a higher risk signing, but when you barely win double digit games the previous year, that tends to happen. I am glad we have him, because quite frankly, it could be much much worse. He has some explosiveness despite coming off an injury, and his body type needs reshaping. A kid like him who leans up, drops a little weight and is 2 years away from a knee injury could really surprise some people. Shot looks good enough for me, he just needs to regain/improve his quickness.

Agree with this

Nice hops for a guy not built well and coming off a knee injury

But he's a project

Does anyone know what his knee injury was and when it exactly happened? I suppose there is hope if he still hasn't got back all his quickness and vertical.

Can you link to his ranking info? 247 appears to have him ranked at 194 and verbal commits has him as an unranked 2 star. I don't see him listed elsewhere.

Looks like his ranking has been changed. They had him at 153 overall, 13 PG, 5 in Canada. 247 also had him as a 92 and is now downgraded to an 89.

Looks like his ranking has been changed. They had him at 153 overall, 13 PG, 5 in Canada. 247 also had him as a 92 and is now downgraded to an 89.

Yeah, hardly what I would call stellar and we're stretching giving this kid, and Danny, credit for 2 Top 150 players. But who really cares at this point right?

Apparently we don't even have enough high-rolling donors who care enough to put together a buyout.

Yes, I'd rank our 2019 recruiting class behind many other problems that Danny has.

The fact that Manning has a long list of problems doesn't mean that the 2019 recruiting class isn't a problem. Your original post said it wasn't a problem...it wasn't something to rip him on. It absolutely is.

Do any of the current board members provide counseling for those in mourning and yearning for the Davey O slugfest 50 point fests or the Dino Gaudio highscoring defenseless games, but at least having hope....

Just throwing out schollies left and right to complete pipedreams. Oh how far we have fallen.

Anyone starting the fire Ronnie website yet????

Facepalm

Back